Question of the Day, Sunday, December 25, 2016

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

my opinion is that there's absolutely nothing wrong with store bought desserts. 
  i mean, this is the first year that i've made a dessert specifically for Christmas.

that red filling must have looked so pretty too! 
You're right - it was pretty.  The filling was peppermint and the whole combination was scrumptious. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Nah. I prefer vegetables to fruit for the most part. I do like ice cream but usually buy it more for DD than myself. I have to really be in the mood for it and it has to be really good quality. Same with chocolate. I only like high quality imported dark chocolate. I'm far more into the savory than the sweet. Bread is my weakness- in all it's magical forms. I'll take a soft pretzel with a bit of cheese over cake or cookies any day. 
ahhh, yes! high quality imported dark chocolate! 

bread!!!
  i agree! bread in all it's forms is true and serious wonderfulness! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

From what I can see, that cake sure looks good! I'd take a hunk of it any time! Yum!

No lemon curd this year. Since we had to pick the cake up on Saturday and our dinner wasn't until Monday, we were afraid the heaviness of the curd would break the cake apart in the fridge. But I did ask for extra coconut,  it was still decadent and the hit of our dinner (as far as my sister and I were concerned anyway). 
 We live for Christmas, just for that cake.
awwww......thank you! 

that makes sense! you know, i just might have to try making a coconut cake with the lemon curd filling. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It's really good. Trust me. We've had it with a raspberry filling between the layers, too, and that's good. But there's something about the combination of white cake, coconut and lemon that hits the spot. It's very refreshing....if you like lemon. I love lemon.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with store-bought desserts. The white coconut cake was purchased from a local restaurant/bakery and it's delicious. It takes me two days to bake the coconut cake that I like and there's no way I have that much time or the patience during the holidays to make that cake. I'm simply not doing it. 

@Margd, what had a peppermint filling? The cookies? I tried to go back through to follow and got lost. 

My niece makes these peppermint cookies with chocolate chips and M & Ms and they are so good. She made a peppermint cheesecake this year and that was good, too. Rick really liked it. I love peppermint (and am particularly fond of peppermint candy canes).

That all being said, @Kat0121, I'd love a great big soft pretzel with cheese. 
 While I do like desserts and sweet things, I'd never turn down a hunk of freshly baked bread with butter either. Or soft pretzels, loaded down with cheese. I love pretty much anything sweet or savory.

There's a reason I look like this! I'm in shape. Round is a shape. 

Last edited: