Question of the Day, Sunday, August 16th, 2015

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I hope reality shows go away too....especially the kardashians. I'm guilty of watching teen mom though.
okay, now i know who the kardashians are......basically. but what i don't know/understand is why they're on tv. honestly, i just never have bothered to try to figure that one out. i mean, they don't seem to be particularly interesting.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Kardashians are like most of the reality shows, they don't do anything and they have no talents, they simply supply fodder for the tabloids.

If I think about it I will watch the last 20 minutes of Dance Moms to watch the kids dance.  There is still the silly drama with Abby and the moms but I try to ignore it so I can watch the kids dance.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
okay, now i know who the kardashians are......basically. but what i don't know/understand is why they're on tv. honestly, i just never have bothered to try to figure that one out. i mean, they don't seem to be particularly interesting.
Exactly. I asked my sister one day because she's a reality show junkie and she said they are hilarious and just have their own show. They weren't anything before the TV show. Most reality shows at least have a story line, but it seems like the kardashians just do whatever they want and have no real story.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

that sounds nice, taking a walk along the river!
The part of the river near me is pretty wooded and quiet. It gets more and more urban (and noisier from traffic) as you get closer to the city.

I just heard of a historic estate/museum in the next town over that is on a huge wooded property with lots of walking trails
I have to go check it out one day. It looks like a bit of a walk from the nearest public bus stop but it's not bad.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The Kardashians are like most of the reality shows, they don't do anything and they have no talents, they simply supply fodder for the tabloids.

If I think about it I will watch the last 20 minutes of Dance Moms to watch the kids dance.  There is still the silly drama with Abby and the moms but I try to ignore it so I can watch the kids dance.
Exactly. I asked my sister one day because she's a reality show junkie and she said they are hilarious and just have their own show. They weren't anything before the TV show. Most reality shows at least have a story line, but it seems like the kardashians just do whatever they want and have no real story.
ahhh............so the Kardashians are pretty much 'the quintessential' reality show -- not doing anything in particular and having no talents, and having no real story to the show.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ahhh............so the Kardashians are pretty much 'the quintessential' reality show -- not doing anything in particular and having no talents, and having no real story to the show.
Yeah pretty much. At least other shows like big brother, the bachelor, etc have a reason behind the show. I still don't like any of them though aside from teen mom.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The part of the river near me is pretty wooded and quiet. It gets more and more urban (and noisier from traffic) as you get closer to the city.

I just heard of a historic estate/museum in the next town over that is on a huge wooded property with lots of walking trails
I have to go check it out one day. It looks like a bit of a walk from the nearest public bus stop but it's not bad.
that historic estate/museum with lots of walking trails sounds like something interesting to check out!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

that historic estate/museum with lots of walking trails sounds like something interesting to check out!
It does
And it's just a 15 minute walk from the town center which isn't bad but there's a rotary at the end and the estate / museum is on the other side
A street view on Google doesn't show any crosswalks near the rotary and I'm not sure how busy the rotary is. But there is a bus stop at the far north end of the estate property along with another park / conservation area. Much safer to go there than to risk rotary traffic 
And there's a much bigger park / conservation area at the end of the bus line, near the new shopping plaza, or I could take the other bus to the north end of the park. I have to check both areas out before the summer is over.

Put me in a wooded area with trails and I'm happy