Question of the Day, Sunday, April 9, 2017

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every time I vacuum and move the sofa I find a pile of stuff. Usually pine cones, their crinkly silver balls and pencils.

Mia used to have a thing about my hair scrunchies. I used to find them buried in the flower pots out on the deck. She hasn't done that for a while. Maybe I'm just better at hiding my scrunchies these days.

under the sofa!!! :clap:

ahhh, hair scrunchies!! your Mia must have considered those 'prize possessions' to have buried them in the flower pots! :redheartpump:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Under my bed is where I find a lot of their toys.

Lilith has also been known to take things other than toys and stash them there. She used to be obsessed with DD's shower pouf. She'd take it from the bathroom and put it under my bed. Every time I put it back, she'd take it again. So finally I said, "OK. You want one? Here's one of your own." I took a new one, removed the tag and gave it to her. She took it, stashed it under the bed and then proceeded to go take DD's and put it beside the one I just gave her.
under your bed!!! :thumbsup:

shower poufs!! i can see the attraction to them as toys. i'm pretty sure that, many years ago, my Mickey :rbheart: was 'into' shower poufs -- if i remember correctly, he would pull on them with his teeth until they were ripped up. i can just imagine what your Lilith might have been thinking -- 'wow! thanks, mom! now i'll have two poufs!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably under the stove in the kitchen, under the hutch in the kitchen, or under Rick's bureau in the bedroom.

When BooBoo was little I was forever fishing out his sparkly balls from under the kitchen stove. Usually right around 2:00 in the morning. He'd wake up, jump off the bed, and go find something to do. And we'd hear him playing with a ball out in the kitchen. And then we'd hear a forlorn MERRRROWWWWW! The ball went under the stove. That was my cue to get out of bed and come out to the kitchen, grab the yardstick from on top of the fridge, and swish it under the stove. I'd be lying flat on my belly and BooBoo would lie down on the kitchen floor right next to me so that he could watch. As soon as the ball came rolling back out from under the stove, he'd give a huge holler and go after it. And it wasn't just once or twice a night either. Sometimes several times.

Remember Snoopy and his COWABUNGA! yell? Well, I always thought that's what Boo was yelling when the ball came shooting back out from under the stove.

And when we'd move the stove out to clean behind it, there were balls galore under that thing. And meeces, too. The cats have always loved their Foster and Smith meeces. I would buy them in quantities of 50 and they used to come in a big cheese-shaped cardboard box. I haven't bought any in a while. And since Boo passed away, the last time we moved the stove out, there was nothing under it. That broke my heart.

When we got my grandmother's hutch, the balls and the meeces used to go under that, too. But it's raised higher off the floor and, most of the time, they can get under themselves to get their toys.

Mollipop still plays with her favorite large pink mousie. She's had that pink mousie since she was a wee kitten and she still loves that thing. Sometimes it will go under Rick's bureau and then she'll start meowing until I get it out.

And it doesn't matter what time of the night it is. It is expected that I will get out of bed to find their toys. And yeah, it's a hassle. But deep down? I don't really mind it all that much.
Part of my cat-mom responsibilities.

very good toy stash locations!!! :clap:

awww......that's a wonderful memory of your BooBoo!!! :hugs:

oh, wow! Foster and Smith meeces in quantities of 50, and in a big cheese-shaped cardboard box!!! :think:......that would make a great birthday gift for our DeeDee and Punky. :lovecat3:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the dishwasher!!! :thumbsup: a most excellent cat toy stash location! this reminds me that i haven't checked for cat toys under the dishwasher recently...:think:

our Punky has a purple colored hedgehog-like cat toy that she's loved since she was a kitten. i keep an eye on her 'baby', to make sure it hasn't gotten misplaced. we're lucky that i have a spare, a pink colored one, because i haven't been able to find them anywhere -- i worry that eventually Punky will wear it out, and she absolutely adores that toy.

great idea there!!! :agree:
That reminds me of Tiger. He used to stash his balls under one of my dining room chairs. There is still a large amount of them still there. He passed away 3 years ago. One of these days I need to get rid of his balls but not today.