Question of the Day, Sunday, April 24, 2016

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Pretty indiscriminate candy lover as a child.

As an adult, I like Ghiaradelli chocolate (I just came across a blueberry/dark chocolate one ... love blueberries, love dark chocolate, it's perfect), pep-o-mint life savers, and bottlecaps.
oh my!  
    back when i would eat chocolate, years ago, my favorite was Ghirardelli chocolate.
  the first time i traveled to San Fransisco, i went to the Ghirardelli factory -- it was on my list of places to see while there.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sherbet Dips.

It was a cardboard tube full of lemon sherbet with a licorice stick to dunk in and suck. My mum used to buy us them to keep us quiet every time we went to the launderette. Even now I can't smell that special launderette smell without thinking of them.

These days I get all of my sugar from alcohol.

mmmm......sherbet!
and a lovely memory too! have you ever tried gelato? oh my goodness, i could live on gelato and be happy for the rest of my life!

many years ago, when i lived and worked in LA, there was a gelato shop across the street just a few shops up from where i worked. they made the gelato there fresh. i would go buy some gelato twice a day, pretty much every day. it wasn't long before coworkers were giving me money to get them some to bring back too!

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I loved Black Cows, M&M's, Sugar Babies, really almost anything my nickel would buy! I also loved Pepsi in those small returnable bottles. I still love the Pepsi once in a while (but it has to be in a can, Pepsi in a plastic bottle always tasted funny to me), and usually eat licorice and cinnamon bears now and then. I wouldn't turn down most that were offered however!
ahhhh....sugar babies! 

i agree that the pepsi in plastic bottles tastes different than from the glass bottles or cans.