Question of the Day, Sunday April 21st

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What was your favorite subject in school?

I loved French class in high school. In college, if it was a science class, I wanted to be in it.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only one? I loved history, science (except for physics, but I passed anyway), math, and both wood and metal shop classes. A lot had to do with the teacher; some were okay, while others really made the course come alive. Geometry was only so-so, but trigonometry was- dare I say- fun.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have always been a history buff. I also liked Geometry and Trig. I had the same teacher for those classes as Algebra but I liked those better. They just seemed very logical, I actually enjoyed writing proofs for Geometry.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had several, but probably art. I took drawing, graphic design, independent study, and ceramics and I wish I had taken photography. I was also in art club, it was just such a fun atmosphere.

Runners up would be history and literature.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
In high school, art. The teacher was really fun, played music in class and didn't insist we sat in our seats the whole time so long as we weren't being total idiots. He won a Students Choice award a few years ago and I wasn't surprised. An art club was formed and I was one of the first to sign up. I also really loved English/writing (same deal as the art class, minus the music). I also really liked that teacher, as well. The only classes I disliked were anything computer-y (this was back in the late 90's-early 2000's, so computers weren't in every classroom yet) and math. I was horrible at math and my poor teacher went to great lengths to help me understand the material, but I just didn't "get it."

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Probably Language Arts. I like reading and writing. Even though some of what we had to read was awful.

I liked my Latin classes and Economics too. Floriculture was also really fun. I saw a man at Lowes yesterday in the garden center that looked like my Floriculture teacher but I didn’t go ask. Its been a long time!

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HS - History, Biology, English, Drama/Theatre, Social Studies, Media Studies
University - History of Crime and Medicine, Social History, Early Modern Europe etc Archaeology, Philosophy, Geography, Earth Sciences
Grad School - Similar to the above but more intensive in terms of history, with the addition of genetics and DNA studies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cooking in Home Ec... I hated school mostly. Got bullied & left out cause of Mom's religion.