Question of the Day: Sunday, April 20

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As the end of the semester approaches, I am extremely stressed out and feeling all around negative about the whole thing. SO, in an attempt to boost my mood, I'm asking a positive question!

From any point in your life, what is your happiest memory?

I will consider this question myself and answer it a bit later.

Last edited:

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

As the end of the semester approaches, I am extremely stressed out and feeling all around negative about the whole thing. SO, in an attempt to boost my mood, I'm asking a positive question!

From any point in your life, what is your happiest memory?

I will consider this question myself and answer it a bit later.
I understand feeling nasty about the end if the semester.  I take great delight in the fact that many have chosen to go to another nursing school.

My happy memory?  There's been several.  I wanted Grey (my soul kitty) since I first saw her.  She was born at the stables I kept my horse at.  She would run to my car when I drove up.  Then she got her paw stepped on by my horse by accident.  So I declared that she was mine after I took her to the emergency vet.  That strangely enough, is a happy moment of mine.  She healed and was fine, and she was my little soul kitty from there on out.  I love my new kitties, but it isn't the same as a soul kitty.  May everyone have one!

Last edited:

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I have lots of happy memories.. but I can't pick out my happiest. I'll list several:

A christmas present from Mom and Dad to visit Disney's cartoon studios where I got to take a class in how to draw Disney characters back in high school!

Of course, bringing home my kitties!

When my family surprised me with a little apartment warming shower with everything I needed to get started in my apartment, I've never had a surprise party before, and I was really touched and surprised!

When each of my nieces were born and I got to hold them at the hospital!

When I got two job offers after over a year of frustrating job hunting, while I worked the crappiest job ever.

My parents had surprised me with a guinea pig when I was 5. I loved little Whiskers for 7 years!

Just the thought of having my grandmother still with me. I feel happy knowing I've gotten to known her for 32 years of my life, and more! She's still going strong at 91!

When my parents came out as soon as they heard I had Thyroid Cancer, just so I won't be alone.

and several more!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
November 5, 2012....the day I finally heard "you can take Aimee home." I wish her birth was a happier memory, but it really wasn't since she shouldn't have been born for 7-10 more weeks. After 62 days, when the doctor said we could bring her home and we could finally be a family was definitely the happiest memory I can remember.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a little girl which is a lifetime ago but I have fond memories of my Mom telling me stories.  She didn't read them from a book but made the story up as she went along.  We would sit together on the couch and I felt so special.  I was the baby of the family by 12 years.  No matter what, Mom always made time for me.  She has been gone for many years now, she died on Christmas Eve but I will always remember her with so much love...I miss her so much.

Happy Easter everyone.

asherdash

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't narrow it down to one but summers in the 1970s with my grandma(RIP)rank right up at the top. Mornings would start watching the news and children's tv show Captain Kangaroo. Then outside to water the lawn and some gardening, but it had to be finished by the time the soaps operas started. Then I would sit on the floor in front of a big wooden console television to watch The Young and the Restless and Days of our Lives. About ten years ago I was in the break room of my job at the time getting a soda from the vending machine and the tv was on Days of our Lives. I hadn't heard the theme song in years and I immediately froze and got misty. It made me chuckle too as I walked back to my desk. Time spent with my grandma was among the best of my life :)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a lot of blanks in happy memories at home. I remember finishing high school coming homr and burning nt panama hat in the boiler and leavitng home and flying away to here and going abroad to many exotic countries.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Playing mud in the river where we grew up. We were bathing my grandma's dog, and my mom and grandma were sitting on the bridge chatting and watching us. My dad was reading the paper near the bank, and we kept sprinkling water at him just to annoy him. He finally got wet enough that he got up, "roared", and waded into the river and tried to drench us. By the time we were done, all 3 of us were wetter than the dog was. We lost the soap in the commotion -- the thing flowed down the river current and disappeared. It was such a nice smelling soap too.

Last edited: