Question of the Day, Sunday April 17

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Easter Sunday!
I hope I'm not going to make a mistake with the date again. It's correct at the moment and only one cat nearby. She's asleep - half on my lap, so I can hardly move!

I know it isn't Easter for everybody but, I imagine, most of you are living in a country where Easter is celebrated today and the shops have been overflowing with Easter eggs in all sorts of shapes, sizes and consistencies.

I'm not feeling too inspired (an unexpected death in my close family in England has left me feeling quite sad and not in the mood for Easter at all) so
the obvious question today could be:
What came first the
1650196635680.png
chicken or the
1650196713749.png
egg ?

Or was it the magical
1650196982658.png
Easter bunny?

But, I'm going to keep things simple.

How many Easter eggs will you receive, eat, or simply give away this Easter?

I was invited to Easter brunch and ate (among other things) one painted hard-boiled egg! That will be all. I left the chocolate eggs and candy for those who love sweet things. I haven't given away any Easter eggs either. How about you?

So, my answer: one emerald green, shiny hard boiled egg!
1650197280979.png

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We didn't decorate eggs this year, so none to give away, but I have a feeling that I will get one at my sister's this evening.
As for chocolate eggs. I made an egg hunt for my husband this morning....a whole bunch of chocolate eggs all over the house for him to find (and the cats to mess with)...
I also have a goody bag of chocolate eggs and Cadbury mini eggs for each of my nieces.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Easter is not my holy day. We still used to dye eggs but now, since I mostly buy brown shelled eggs I don't bother. Do have some goose eggs in the basement that were blown and rinsed that I mean to decorate but have not gotten around to doing. Some day . . .

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of a close member in your family. :hugs: I understand it puts a damper on your holiday.
The only Easter eggs here are the empty plastic ones we discovered the cats like to bat around on the floor. Gizmo liked to sleep with them instead. :biggrin:

giz easter egg.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unknown. We dyed a dozen eggs. I got a few plastic ones with jelly beans inside at J's egg hunt yesterday. I have some dairy free mini chocolate "eggs".

I'm not counting.

My condolences.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No eggs of any sort this Easter. Significant other is allergic to Milk Chocolate . Both of us need to watch our sugar intake. Only Fur children present so there was no need for colored eggs.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like chocolate or candy, so none unless I have eggs for dinner, but I don't think I am.

hard boiled ones i cooked are getting fed to graycie and the gf:lol: for hairball control purposes
Hard boiled eggs help cats with hairballs?! I doubt my cats would eat them though.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like chocolate or candy, so none unless I have eggs for dinner, but I don't think I am.

Hard boiled eggs help cats with hairballs?! I doubt my cats would eat them though.
I didn't think that cats would like hard-boiled eggs as well. Then a few months ago, Naughty "Jackpot " snuck up on the kitchen counter where there happen too be a couple of unpeeled hard-boiled eggs. I heard a clamor when I reached the kitchen. No Jackpot but a broken half eaten hard-boiled egg lay on the floor.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just give the cats the yolk part?
yeap i feed graycie the entire yolk(half one day other half the next) over 2 days and it takes care of the hairballs for the month then rinse an repeat after she pukes up the monthly hairball have yet to see any hairballs in her poop yet doesnt matter to me as long as the hair is coming out

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We decorated a dozen at home. I stuffed dozens for our hunt and then my mom said she stuffed over 130 for the 6 grandkids that were there today!! (My stepsister sent the candy.) DS basically had candy and vegetables for dinner. :cringe:

I also made crab deviled eggs so I’ve eaten a few if those.

We did our egg decorating a little different. Crayola has pearl, glitter, metallic and neon crayons so we used those to draw on our eggs before dyeing. They came out cute!! We will definitely do that agsin!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I live in Australia and we're way too lazy to do this colouring egg thing of which you speak.
Chocolate ones I understand, but I didn't do anything with them this year.