Question of the Day, Sunday April, 14th

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I ordered a pickling kit online. It came with four cute little jars, a different spice for each, and I was amazed at how easy it was. It was a pricey little kit and wouldn't be worth it if you had a lot you wanted to pickle.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
nurseangel nurseangel You might want to check on a book about canning by Ball. I have one and it's really good. It goes through the basics of canning and it also has some recipes. That's where I got the Red Onions with Honey recipe, which was excellent.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ball+blu...,96&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_4_13&tag=thecatsite

I don't have this one; mine is from many moons ago.

I'm on a PA Dutch forum on Facebook and the information I've gotten from these people is outstanding. Not only recipes, but the tips they use for their canning processes. I'm not planning on doing any pickles or relishes this year (maybe a few pints of pickle relish) because my energy just isn't there. And because I'm no longer allowed to have any salt.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes...a new Ball canning book is definately a must for someone who never has canned before.There are some rules that are a must to follow so that not only will your product be tasty,it'll also be safe to eat later on.That goes both for water bath canning and anything that needs to be pressure canned.