Question of the Day, Sunday, April 10, 2016

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Lemonade.  Blue Gatorade. Ice Water.

Only Iced Tea I like is the 5 liquor one long island Ice Tea drink but I cant drink the entire thing-tastes exactly like sweet tea.

Food=fresh picked corn steamed with butter and salt.

Steaks on the grill, hot dogs and my potatoe slices in oil/garlic wrapped in tinfoil on the grill.

We eat lots of salads in the summer.
Tuna sandwich with pickles and mayo on pumpernickel bread. YUM.

Potato salad hot-we love it fresh made-eggs pickles. celery. onions. green pepper=and lots of mayo=Jon loves it fresh so I make small batches at a time because he likes it hot-you know when you drain the potatoes. I cut them raw then cook for 10-15 min drain then add the above sliced-mix with a wooden spoon and eat right out of the mixing bowl sitting in front of the air conditioner watching some cool car show thing.

When the sun dips behind the trees then we will use the grill. usually anything on the grill or microwave-we eat a lot of nachos made in the microwave-chips/cheese/meat/chili/veg/sour cream-yum!
i've never tried the blue gatorade. i've heard that many people prefer it.  
   what does it taste like?

your hot potato salad sounds like it would be very good! 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I love a baby spinach salad with ripe sweet strawberries, a few pecans, a little crumbled blue cheese and poppy seed dressing.  I know people usually make spinach salad with bacon and hard boiled egg but I really prefer the strawberries.
oh my!   
   now that sounds like it would taste incredible, much better than with bacon and hard boiled egg.

well, i think i'll be trying some new salads this summer, with fruit! 

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
wow! that sounds really good!  :clap:     so...you make your elote using fresh corn off the cob?
I don't usually make it. There are little carts pushed various neighborhoods by Mexican guys and they sell it from there. And yes, that is fresh corn on the cob. No one can make it as good as these guys make it.

When I make it though, I use canned :lol3: Trying to think if we ever made it after getting corn from the Mendota Corn Festival.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really do cold drinks, even in the summer time. I like to sit on the deck on a warm afternoon with a hot mug of tea.

The only cold drinks I like are alcoholic. Cold beer is good, particularly after a hard day's gardening or a run. I like cold Chardonnay too.
You're a typical brit with your cuppa.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't usually make it. There are little carts pushed various neighborhoods by Mexican guys and they sell it from there. And yes, that is fresh corn on the cob. No one can make it as good as these guys make it.

When I make it though, I use canned
Trying to think if we ever made it after getting corn from the Mendota Corn Festival.
it sounds really good!