Question of the Day, Sunday,, 8 October, 2023

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since I have downsized and no longer host with all the work involved, I will say Thanksgiving as well. Now I just make one dish, pick up something for dessert and a bottle of wine to take.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably Halloween. It's fun to dress up, and as Garfield famously said in his Halloween special "Halloween is my kind of a holiday. Not like those other stupid holidays. I don't get pine needles in my paws. There's no dumb bunnies, no fireworks, no relatives, just candy."

Christmas is fun again with small children. I love the wonder. But it's definitely more work.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Valentine's Day has always been my favorite holiday ever since I was a child. 💘 We exchanged Valentine's cards at school and my family enjoyed celebrating the day with us. My dad would bring home chocolates and corsages for my mom, sister and me. I did the same with my children and the holiday is special for them as well.

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where I am, there's no Thanksgiving, which is just as well, as we already eat far more than we should over the Christmas holidays.
So these are my faves, yet I dread them at the same time, thinking of all the dieting I'll have to do afterwards to restore balance.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG! Christmas! My dad loved Christmas, so maybe it's an inherited trait? I love Christmas so much I think about it all year round, even though it has changed drastically for me over the years.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Christmas. Ive been over here looking for a tree for my foyer now that it no longer holds DS’s train table (still :bawling: over that too). I have my grandma’s antique bench in front of my bookshelves. I can just see one of those skinny frosted trees in there next to it. With some throw pillows on the bench. 🥹

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t have a favorite holiday. It used to be either Thanksgiving or Christmas but that was before Covid. Since the pandemic my family has fallen apart and no one is interested in getting together any longer to celebrate. Holidays are just another day for me but I try to make it special for my husband.