Question of the Day Sunday 3 November, 2019

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
HELLO AND HAPPY SUNDAY!!!!

It's getting chilly here and in other places. What do you like to eat and drink to keep you warm and cozy?

I like grilled cheese and tomato soup, hot cocoa,chili; my mother used to make a spinach salad with warm bacon dressing, so good. I also drink a lot of herbal teas. Toasted sourdough bread, yum.

How about you in places like OZ where it's getting warm? My friend who lives in Sydney loves mango milkshakes.

What do you like?

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Being a Brit, I can't do without my tea. That's always my go-to to warm up. I love chai lattes and matcha lattes too. All made with almond milk for choice, or other plant milks (I'm vegan).

I adore miso soup too.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Soups, Casseroles, Toasted/Grilled Sandwiches, Bagel sandwiches, Omelets, hot sauce.

I used to drink flavored cappuccinos, but it seems like they are called lattes now? I used to love the hot chocolate at Sunoco in the machine. I don't know if they still have it. I stopped drinking sugary drinks to eliminate extra calories, but maybe I will start having one once in a while again. :yummy:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any hearty comfort food will do! Shepherds pie, pasta casseroles, soups and stews, meatloaf, etc...I like tea, hot chocolate, apple cider, coffee...it all depends on my mood. Warm biscuits or rolls with lots of butter goes well with any hearty meal.
Oh, and I don't know why meatloaf has such a bad rap. It's great! At least the way I make it anyway.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chili :yummy: though I don't make it as often as I'd like because DH doesn't care for it...
My hubby doesn't like chili either, but I will make a pot of it and freeze individual portions for the nights he wants something that I don't like. For the colder weather, I love the comfort foods - chili, chicken and dumplings, beef barley soup, home made of course! To drink I have my coffee in the AM but if really cold later in the day I will drink hot chocolate. Wish I liked hot tea since there are less calories.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Many casseroles and chili. The one thing I miss about being the one that hosts and cooks much of the Thanksgiving dinners is the casseroles that I would make with the leftovers.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It never really gets that cold here so that's really not an issue. I do love soups though. Coffee is always appropriate as is toast. I like tea but it's not my go to. Usually only if I don't feel well. Not a big fan of chili but DD loves it. I don't eat stews because I don't like it when vegetables are cooked in gravy or broth. They get soggy. I will slow cook a roast or something in gravy but the potatoes/vegetables are cooked separately.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I stopped drinking coffee daily last winter. (I still get one from Dunkin a few times a month.) I will make herbal tea when its cold but the idea was to cut sugars down so I’m trying to moderate that too. I do love hot chocolate or a chai latte too.

I have been missing it first thing in the morning lately though.

I’m a big fan of crockpot cooking; so anything you can do in there is good to us in the winter. I make chili a lot. Beef Stroganoff in the crockpot is amazing! Porcupine meatballs. Anything really. I’m making chicken with corn and black beans in enchilada sauce tomorrow. It’s good!