Question Of The Day, Sunday, 3/3/19

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm not into quite hot, but I make an exception with Sichuan vegetarian, when it's the real thing. They seem to have a way with the spices.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't mind spicy at all,but I'm not real fond of a great deal of heat.I'm experimenting with togarashi and chili garlic paste...so far so good in moderation.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, I love spicy food. I spent over a year in India on various back-packing adventures, so I've built up a tolerance to curry.

I don't like anything with red chili peppers in though. Just the smell of them cooking starts me coughing.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spent some time in a country where they grow super hot peppers and use them in everything! It totally changed my viewpoint. Not now! Not ever again! :p

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For most foods, I'm a 'not so much' guy when it comes to hot/spicy, but I like chili hot enough to cook itself, for all intents.
you're 'not so much' on spicy for most foods, but you like chili 'hot enough to cook itself'!!! :clap: excellent!! :D

mmmm......chili! :yummy:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ooooh, hot pepper American cheese....that sounds yummy!

I like hot and spicy, but not where the tears are running down my face while I'm eating it. (Many moons ago, when I worked at the paper plant, a co-worker brought in some hot pickled cauliflower. He sat there and gobbled that stuff down; the whole time the tears were running and his face was red. When he drank the pickling juice, I swear there was smoke coming out of his ears. That's a little too hot for me!)
you like hot and spicy, but not too much so!!! :thumbsup: very nice!! :)

oh my! :fear: i couldn't do that level of hot...:headshake: . i'm quite sure i'd be feeling that hot pickled cauliflower 'blazing a trail' as it worked it's way through my gastro system! :thud:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i absolutely LOVE hot and spicy! And nothing is too hot. It's really strange, 44 years ago when I was pregnant with my son, spicy food was my craving. Double whammy since it gave me heartburn too! It never went away! I grow my own peppers so I can make my salsa extra hot, I make my own, then some for 'normal' people. I dry some, grind them and use them on everything from mashed potatoes, to soup, to eggs. I even carry a bottle with me at times. You can ask anyone and they know, especially since I make them several times a week, my favorite meal in teh whole world.....HOMEMADE TACOS!
you love hot and spicy foods, make your own extra hot salsa, and add some of your dried and ground homegrown hot peppers to quite a few foods -- and your favorite meal is homemade tacos!!! :thumbsup: excellent!! :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not anymore. I can't handle it at all. Or barely.
Partially has to do with a medication I'm taking that mucks with the flavor of things but also, getting older and just not dealing as well with the effects of the heat. Wish I could though because certain foods really are better with at least some kick to it (Indian, Thai, etc)
you're not able to handle hot/spicy foods anymore!!! :clap: i can understand that!! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hell no! I like my food bland. Being vegetarian I get a lot of food that is spicy. I don't know it is spicy until I bite into it.
you prefer your food bland, though a lot of vegetarian food is spicy -- which you don't know until you bite into it!!! :thumbsup: awesome!! :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like spicy food as long as it isn't so hot that all I get is heat, I want to be able to taste it. Now that I am older I can't eat spicy food in the evening, it no longer makes for a restful night. I have to eat it for lunch or for a very early combination lunch/dinner.
you like spicy food, as long as the hot doesn't overpower the taste, and it needs to be eaten for lunch or a very early lunch/dinner!!! :clap: that's great!! :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like spicy food. I like a good level of heat that might be hotter than some others would like but I'd never do one of those challenges where you have to eat the hottest wings ever or anything like that. At that point, you just can't enjoy it. If anyone likes a good sriracha sauce, Tabasco makes an excellent one. I keep a bottle at home and one at work. Sriracha Sauce - TABASCO® Brand

I've been a fan of their original pepper sauce for decades. I always keep a bottle of that handy as well. When I noticed that they came out with a sriracha, I was all over it. There's something special about the addition of the peppers that they grow on Avery Island that just takes the sauce to a new level. I used the Huy Fong sriracha for quite a while but I actually prefer Tabasco's version.
you like spicy food, and love Tabasco brand pepper sauce as well as their sriracha sauce!!! :clap: that's great!! :D