Question Of The Day, Sunday, 3/3/19

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like spicy, moderately hot food. Mozambique chicken curry (without the tomatoes!) and Szechuan duck are two of my favorite dinners.
you enjoy spicy, moderately hot food -- Mozambique chicken curry (no tomatoes!), and Szechuan duck being two of your favorite dinners!!! :thumbsup: awesome!! :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like spicy, but not too hot. I've noticed as I grow older, I like less and less hot. I have a chili recipe I've made for 30 years or so and started out with 2 tsp. of red pepper flakes. I'm now down to 1/2 tsp.

I bought some whole dried red peppers at an ethnic grocery store, enough to last a lifetime, and sometimes add two or three of those to stir-frys. If they don't break open, they add a marvelous flavor without the heat.
you like spicy, but not too hot!!! :thumbsup: that's great!! :)

adding some whole dried red peppers to a recipe, and if they don't break open they'll add a really good flavor without the heat -- that's really interesting, and i'll remember that! :think:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always thought I was a major wimp regarding spicy-hot foods, and that's true but I love pepper jack cheese and I eat Famous Daves spicy pickle chips out of the jar LOL
you don't enjoy too many spicy/hot foods, but you love pepper jack cheese, and eat Famous Daves spicy pickle slices out of the jar!!! :clap: very nice!! :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not into quite hot, but I make an exception with Sichuan vegetarian, when it's the real thing. They seem to have a way with the spices.
you don't like quite hot, but do enjoy a good Sichuan vegetarian!!! :clap: great!! :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't mind spicy at all,but I'm not real fond of a great deal of heat.I'm experimenting with togarashi and chili garlic paste...so far so good in moderation.
you like spicy, but aren't real fond of a great deal of heat!!! :thumbsup: excellent!! :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I love spicy food. I spent over a year in India on various back-packing adventures, so I've built up a tolerance to curry.

I don't like anything with red chili peppers in though. Just the smell of them cooking starts me coughing.
you love spicy food, and have built up a tolerance to curry -- but no red chili peppers!!! :clap: very nice!! :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spent some time in a country where they grow super hot peppers and use them in everything! It totally changed my viewpoint. Not now! Not ever again! :p
having experienced spending some time in a country where super hot peppers are used in everything, you don't like hot/spicy foods!!! :thumbsup: i can understand that!! :)