Question Of The Day, Sunday, 3/10/19

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It varies. Sometimes, I think the world could end and I wouldn't hear it, but other times, if Michele changed her mind, I could hear the gears grinding, and wake up.
it varies, how deeply you sleep!!! :clap: very nice!! :)

there are days that by the end of the day, i'm totally pooped. those nights, i sleep very deeply for the first several hours -- like turning off a light switch. but most days, even days that i've been doing a lot, i sleep light. :dunno:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably somewhere in between. I slept through Hurricane Sandy as it roared outside (to be fair, our house is made of terracotta block and is pretty soundproof) but, if I hear a cat barfing I'm up like a shot. I guess I'm more aware of and bothered by sounds inside the house, than outside.
you're somewhere in between, with your sleep!!! :thumbsup: great!! :)

i think that's true of me, too. that sounds inside the house are what i'm more aware of and bothered by, as opposed to outside the house. :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a light sleeper now. I didn't used to be, I could sleep through almost anything. After I had kids I did go into the selective thing, I could sleep through anything except a sound that one of the kids made.
you're a light sleeper now, though you didn't used to be!!! :clap: most excellent!! :D

'the selective thing' -- i hadn't thought of it that way, interesting! :think: just the other night we had high gusty winds here...they were literally howling. i slept through that, until one bit of wind howling sounded enough like a cat's growl that i woke up briefly.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I sleep horribly. Before I got RSD I was a sound sleeper, 9 hours a night.

Now I get more sleep from a nap than I do at nighttime but I'll take what I can get.
:yawn::sleep:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a light sleeper if I drink any coffee during the day. When I give up coffee, I'm a deep sleeper. It's hard to give up coffee though!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband says we could have a bomb dropped beside our house and I wouldn't wake BUT if the cats or dogs make a sound that doesn't sound quite right, I am up in a flash. I was the same with my kids so I think it is a mother thing - we develop 'mothers hearing'.
you're a very deep sleeper, except when you hear sounds that don't sound quite right that your dogs or cats make!!! :thumbsup: awesome!! :)

'mothers hearing' -- very interesting! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to be a heavy sleeper until I had a child. Now I wake up if someone walks across the house 2 rooms away. I don't even roll over in my sleep without waking up first to make sure the path is clear to roll over.
you used to be a heavy sleeper, but now you wake up if you hear movement type sounds in your home and always wake up first to make sure the path is clear before rolling over in bed!!! :thumbsup: very nice!! :)

i've gotten to the point where before i shift positions in bed, i wake up enough to feel if one of my cats is curled up next to me. :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Without my sleep medication, I am a very light sleeper and would typically get 3-4 hours of interrupted sleep a night. With my medication, I am a (somewhat) heavy sleeper.
you're a somewhat heavy sleeper with your medication, but without it you're a very light sleeper and don't get good sleep!!! :thumbsup: i'm glad you're able to get better sleep, with your sleep medication!! :)

my sleep is always 'interrupted', though i get good sleep. i always get up to use the bathroom, give my cats a snack, and during the cold weather months to add wood to the wood stove.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't sleep well at all.I am awake several times during the night. Sometimes I go right back to sleep but most times I'm awake for at least an hour.It frustrates me,but I'm not a nap taker and don't like the idea of medication,either.I think when I am asleep,it's sound,but the rest...ffffft!
you don't sleep well, waking several times each night!!! :alright: i'm glad that when you're asleep you sleep soundly, though!! :agree:

i have a sound machine, which seems to help me sleep better. that might be something to consider, trying a sound machine. :think:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm overall a deep sleeper. Sometimes I can have nights where I don't sleep well, and whilst it does take me a while to get off to sleep, when I do I'm out like a light and it's hard to wake me up.
you're a deep sleeper, though you have some nights where you don't sleep well, that it can take a while to get to sleep!!! :clap: most excellent!! :D

it can take me a while to fall asleep some nights too, though once my Dude :bicolorcat: snuggles in next to me, i drift off to sleep pretty quickly.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm probably somewhere in between unless I fall asleep watching tv. At a certain time of night I doze off no matter what's going on around me. :sleep:
you're somewhere between a light sleeper and a deep sleeper!!! :thumbsup: that's great!! :)

i'm not able to sleep with a tv or radio on. though some evenings i'll be watching tv and start feeling like it's time to get to bed, usually sitting in the rocking chair, and close my eyes for a while. i never fall asleep in the rocking chair, and after a while i decide i should just get up and get ready for bed.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a heavy but restless sleeper. My doctor told me I might have restless leg syndrome and I'm starting to believe it now. Before I started having problems with that I wouldn't wake up to nearly any noise and I still don't now, but it's my movements that wake me up.
you're a heavy sleeper, but a restless sleeper!!! :thumbsup: very nice!! :)

i'm sorry that you're having what your doctor thinks might be restless leg syndrome. :alright: i get leg and foot cramps at night, often. there's nothing like waking up to those kind of cramps during the overnight. :eek2:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't sleep as well as I used to. I changed my habits to keep up with a husband who likes late nights and early mornings. But I always required a lot of sleep. Now I think I am probably sleep deprived.
you don't sleep as well as you used to, having changed your sleeping habits!!! :alright: it can be hard on us, changing our sleeping habits! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Light sleeper. An elk can fart in the woods 20 miles away and I'll hear it.
Heavy napper. A full out cat fight involving all 9 could land on my face and I wouldn't budge.
:dunno:
you're a light sleeper, and a heavy napper!!! :thumbsup: that's great!! :)

the other night i woke up to turn over, and i thought i was hearing heavy rain. after a few minutes and looking out the window, it turned out it was just the furnace running...heat blowing out the vents. i guess i'm not used to hearing that, since the wood stove provides most of my heat. :dunno:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sleep horribly. Before I got RSD I was a sound sleeper, 9 hours a night.

Now I get more sleep from a nap than I do at nighttime but I'll take what I can get.
:yawn::sleep:
you don't sleep well, and get more sleep from naps than you do at night time!!! :alright: i'm sorry you aren't able to sleep well at night, but glad you get more sleep from naps!! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a light sleeper if I drink any coffee during the day. When I give up coffee, I'm a deep sleeper. It's hard to give up coffee though!
you're a light sleeper if you've had any coffee that day, but a heavy sleeper if you've had none!!! :clap: most excellent!! :D

i gave up caffeine many years ago. i do enjoy decaf tea, and occasionally will use a smidge of decaf instant coffee in recipes that call for it. other than that, no caffeine -- in anything i eat or drink.