Question Of The Day Sunday, 2 June, 2019

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
HAPPY SUNDAY!!!!
:dance::musicnote::woohoo::jive:

I was thinking about this last night.

What are some of your favorite names, male or female, unisex?

Some of mine are Danielle, Francesca, Michael, Christopher, Jill,
Elizabeth, Nikki, Conrad, Constance......

What are some of yours?

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Girls names: Verity, Adelaide, Viola (VI la, not Vi O la), Phryne, Iris, and Evangeline

Boys: Dorian, Oliver, Silas, Atticus, Hawthorne, Wilhem (not William), Cillian, and Hadrien

Unisex: Ezra, Harper, Tennyson, Rowen, and Tristan

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
This is a tough one for me since I can remember when I was younger I liked names that ended in a "y" sound, e.g. Cathy, Vicky, Suzie, Debbie, etc. For some reason as I got older I always loved the name Nicole/Nicholas and still do to this day. Nikki for short regardless of sex. I guess that "y" sound at the end still holds true for me. ;)

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always been fascinated by names and am a sucker for the more unusual ones. Adelina and Leo are my favourites at the moment, though I also really love Rose after my late grandmother. I've also taken a liking to unusual Biblical names right now, too, such as Keturah and Selah for girls.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was really opinionated about naming my kids. The meaning has to be good and it can't be associated with something that brings a negative memory. Like no Davids because every David I know is way too stubborn and opinionated. And every Jacob I have known has been a crazy handful!:lol2: (My apologies to any Daves/Davids/Jacobs here!;))

Girls:
Annalise
Amelia
Naomi
Leah (means sorrow so I won't use it but I still love it)
Julia/Julianna
Adeline
Emily/Emma

Boys:
Drew (Andrew)
Joshua
Noah
Eli (Elisha/Elijah)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't really have particular favorite names. :dunno: for me, it's the person who has the name, that causes me to like that particular name.
In that vein, names have been ruined for me, usually by students, lol.

My favorite girls name is Joanna. I've wanted to name a daughter that since I was 13 and I hope I have that opportunity someday.

I like Joshua for a boy, but I don't have any that I wouldn't compromise with my fiancé on like my girl choice up there.

Having a name that did not lend itself to nicknames (until I gave myself mine at the age of 14), I prefer names that can be shortened but also have the option of sounding nice/professional if they want to go by the whole thing.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Names are my favorite topic, by far. I love names!

My favorites right now are:
Girls: Aurelia, Ada, Evangeline, Esther, Arden, Katherine
Boys: Thatcher, Adam, Beckett (boys are a lot harder for me to choose)

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chloe, Anais, April for girls. I never had a girl myself, but was lucky enough to gain a daughter-in-law named April.

For boys, I used them: Christopher, Jonathan, and Paul.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For girls I tend to like nature names mostly. Willow (haha, of course!), Bryony, Amaryllis, Jessamine, Tansy, Johanna, Jericho.

For boys my tastes run toward unusual Bible names/old-timey names. Tobijah, Josiah, Emmett, Elijah, Elliott, Deacon, Soren. I had a co-worker whose son was named John Aaron, and I loved how the names sounded when she ran them together, but I'm not sure how I'd spell it. Jonarron?

I wouldn't want to stick a kid with a really weird name, but I also wouldn't want them to be one of 5 kids in their class with the same name. And I think names should be spelled the way they're pronounced.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Hannah's, (my helper), youngest brother's name is John Luc, after a Star Wars character, and he hates it. Her father named all the kids except Hannah. Ethan, and Madeline as well as John Luc. He told Hannah that when he turns 18 he is going to change his name to Eric because he feels he won't be taken seriously in the business world. We had a good laugh over that. :flail:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I forgot Hannah. I've always liked that name.

I remember a kid from my high school chorus turned 18 before graduation so he changed his name to something really pretentious. I think he had Hollywood aspirations. :rolleyes: I remember sitting with the chorus at the graduation ceremony and they used his new name and everyone looked around like "What the??" :lol2:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hannah's, (my helper), youngest brother's name is John Luc, after a Star Wars character,
Star Trek actually. It's Jean-Luc in the show but I suppose the parents Americanized the spelling. I love the character but I wouldn't stick an American kid with the name. Maybe naming a kid Picard wouldn't be so bad though ;). I also like the name Riker so that would probably satisfy my Star Trek needs, lol.
he changed his name to something really pretentious.
There was a guy who lived in the general area who changed his name to Archimedes Plutonium. He had some big ideas I guess :tongue:.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Star Trek actually. It's Jean-Luc in the show but I suppose the parents Americanized the spelling. I love the character but I wouldn't stick an American kid with the name. Maybe naming a kid Picard wouldn't be so bad though ;). I also like the name Riker so that would probably satisfy my Star Trek needs, lol.

There was a guy who lived in the general area who changed his name to Archimedes Plutonium. He had some big ideas I guess :tongue:.
:flail::lol::lol2: Ha!!! Thank you for that, I got a much-needed laugh!!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise

:flail::lol::lol2: Ha!!! Thank you for that, I got a much-needed laugh!!