Question Of The Day, Sunday, 2/3/19

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have so many cats so it's hard to answer this. I have 6 indoor cats that live with me, a colony that I take care of and a bunch of cats at my shelter. Every little thing they do makes my heart flutter.

What I secretly adore is when a cat that is not socialized decides to yawn in mid hiss. They have fought their instinct to be fearful and have started to speak but deciding in mid-sentence to change gears completely. This first step is how I know a cat is on the edge of turning from unsocialized to feral.

In human terms it'd be:

CatX: "What are you doing here you threatening disgusto- go away or I'm going to whip your...and you WILL FEAR ME MEEK HUMAN but hey oh it's you <yawning> do you have any food? I like that tiki stuff with the whole quail egg. That stinky stuff from the tin do you have any of that. You might be my best friend if you brought the good stuff!"

Me: "uh yeah sure whatevever you want master. I'm your Renfield. I'll fetch your tin of quail egg master"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every morning the Vincie girl sits on my lap while I'm having tea. She farts and purrs at the same time, poor old lady but I don't mind at all. Callie likes to snuggle in bed with me. She weighs about 20lbs. Sometimes I'll look for something I know is or was there but can't find it. Most of the time she is on top of it. She loves the tablet and the phone. It's hard for me to move a sleeping 20 lb cat! She also snores so loudly that she sounds like a human. :clap:
your Vincie girl sits on your lap while you're having tea each morning, and your Callie likes to snuggle with you in bed, snores loudly when napping, and loves and lays on your tablet and phone!!! :thumbsup: very nice!! :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of folks in the past have written in 'behaviour' about how to stop their cat waking them up at silly hours of the night whilst in bed. Well, I like it when Oliver does that. I love snuggling him but I'm lucky. I can easily drift off again after intermittently waking up for another cuddle.
Mrs boosh doesn't like it and will lock the door but I unlock it when she's nodded off. Tee hee.
He's about 22lbs and he's the one in the pic. Here's the full version and another one.

View attachment 273173 View attachment 273174
your Oliver snuggles in bed with you at night!!! :clap: most excellent!! :D

your boy sure is big and beautiful! :redheartpump:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Everything Carleton does makes me smile or laugh. :cutecat: Honestly, he's so mellow and even tempered that I feel truly blessed. Probably one of my favorite things he does is when I look at him and say, "Awwww!" He turns over on his back with his paws up in the air looking so darn cute.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Sophie is so silly. She gets epic bouts of the zoomies. The other day she zoomed into the living room and made a mad leap at the big cat tree. She missed her mark and landed on the windowsill behind it. The windowshade was pulled down. When she landed on the windowsill, she also landed on the shade which flew up. She did a huge backflip off the windowsill and raced into my room and under my bed. I think she thought Lily and I were laughing at her. I was laughing WITH her but I cannot speak for her sister.

She's always the one who wakes me up. Sometimes she will march up my legs and stand in the middle of my back. She will stand there until I move to get up. Sometimes she's a little more subtle. The other morning, as soon as my alarm went off, there was a tapping on my arm. I gave her some pets. She will keep tapping my arm until I get up. If I go for the snooze button, the gentle tapping becomes a slap to the hand. She loves to sit on my lap and demands her pets and cuddles.

Lily doesn't get into mischief like her sister does but she's a BIG drama queen. When I work late (and dinner is late), she'll stand on the kitchen table and HOLLER at me. As soon as I get home, I put my purse and keys down and get their dinner- while she hollers. Sometimes she'll start eating, other times she will leave the room in a huff anyway to teach me a lesson about being on time- and who the boss of the house really is.

She's also a BIG cuddle bug and when it's bed time, I call to her and ask her if she wants to snuggle and she always does. I get myself to bed then take her favorite blanket and set it up beside me. She likes to make herself a little nest with it and will knead it and purr until we fall asleep. She also knows when I don't feel well and she glues herself to my side.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like seeing them snuggle. I also like seeing them wrestle :lol:

Selene spends every night with me, and it's so nice to wake up and see her first thing in the morning.

Charlie has started begging for my attention. This is SO major for me.
your Selene spends every night with you, and Charlie has started to beg for your attention!!! :clap: that's great!! :D

i love seeing our DeeDee and Punky wrestling! :lol2: they've done that since they were around 6 months old.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Patches was still with us my two were not snugglers. They got along but Patches liked to aggravate Alice.

Alice is still here. She is 15 but she still wants her daily play session. She has a loud meow and she is insistent about playtime. She also gives me whatfor when I come home from work. How dare I leave her home alone all day.
your Alice loves her daily play session, and will give you 'whatfor' when you get home from work!!! :thumbsup: awesome!! :)

it's always Punky who is first to greet me, when i get back home/inside the house. she'll sit on the table or the counter and look at me through the window in the door, meowing. :agree: i imagine she's saying something like, 'where have you been? you've been gone so long (no matter how long i've actually been)!'

i adopted my Mickey :rbheart: and Snick :rbheart: when they were 4 weeks old. they loved snuggling together! then when they were spayed/neutered, the vet staff went to put them in their carrier to come home, they had always shared a carrier, and they hissed at each other. i ended up buying a cardboard carrier that the vet's sold, to carry one cat home in -- and the other cat in the carrier they'd been brought there in. after that, my two never snuggled together again. :bawling: they got along well, and were bonded to each other...but never snuggled together again.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I like to see my cats enjoy their food. They look forward to mealtimes and often lean against my legs or look up and lick their chops with a happy face . :redcat::catrub:
you like seeing your cats enjoying their meals, and they'll often lean against your legs or look up and 'lick their chops' with happy faces!!! :cloud9: very nice!! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love hearing Kiwi and Buzz chase each other around the bedroom when I am downstairs. They sound like a herd of elephants. They will run down the stairs, around the living room and back up the stairs. This can go on for 20 minutes or so until they are exhausted. Then there's silence.
you love hearing your Kiwi and Buzz chase each other around the bedroom, run down the stairs and around the living room, and back upstairs, until they're exhausted!!! :clap: excellent!! :D

i love when my cats run through the house like that, too! :redheartpump:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love it when Mingo jumps up into my arms and head butts my face. He sits there with his head on my face and purrs and purrs. I love it also when Lily jumps up in my lap and walks right up to my face to be petted. She is so cute when she stretches out a paw with her toes spread and then slowly puts it down.
you love when your Mingo jumps up into your arms, head butts your face, and sits there with his head against your face purring, and when your Lily sits on your lap being pet and she stretches out a paw with her toes spread!!! :thumbsup: awesome!! :)

our Punky is so happy being held and pet, that she'll knead on my arm...spreads her toes and then slowly scrinches them up on me. :redheartpump:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toffee was nestling into me like a baby would this afternoon and I had the biggest smile on my face - he's such a little cuddler and whenever he cuddles me, nestles into me or wants to be stroked it always makes me happy.
Fudge makes little noises in his sleep which makes me laugh - and just the way how he acts like an old man!
When I'm on my phone or busy and Toffee wants to be stroked, he'll often head butt me causing my phone to knock off my lap.
Toffee also likes to give me his toy mouse so that I can play fetch with him. Like a dog!
Fudge does such a hilarious dance when he's expecting food.
your Toffee is a most wonderful snuggler, head butts you when you're busy and he wants your attention, and brings you his toy mouse so you can play fetch with him!! :redheartpump: and your Fudge makes you laugh with little noises in his sleep, the way he acts like an old man, and the way he dances when he's expecting food!! :clap: excellent!!! :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing on this planet has ever made me laugh harder than watching really wound up cats play, and play hard. The little kittens are so cute when they do this, but I am so happy our 12+ years cats still do this on a daily basis. They attack an invisible spot or a simple object (a toy, a sock...) and flip around like they're being shocked by a car battery and then rush around the place sideways with their ears pinned tight to their head, backs arched, tails puffed up....all over a stupid damned sock. :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:
Queen Bee does this really cute thing if she's in a hallway or a stair well and I go to pass her. She sits and blinks at me pleasantly as I approach, then turns her head and pretends to be blinking at something on the wall then looks back and blinks again as I pass and give her a pat. She just seems so polite. :cloud9:
you love to watch your cats play when they're really 'wound up', and how your Queen Bee blinks at you in a hallway or stair well when you go to pass her!!! :thumbsup: that's great!! :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Playing with my kitties makes me laugh. But I will never forget the first time I laughed out loud at something Boris :rbheart: did. He was the funniest cat when he played.

When I laughed, he stopped everything and looked at me, crushed. "You are laughing at me?" I apologized and told him that I would never laugh at him, it's just that he is so darned cute that I laugh from joy. After that when I was tempted to laugh I covered my mouth. He would still give me a funny look and I had to assure him that I would not laugh at him, I loved him too much.

Diamond does not have much interest in playing, but my other two cats insist on playing at bedtime. Seal will jump straight up, going for the string toy, sometimes turning flips. So agile and so cute! We usually play on the bed so if he lands funny, he won't get hurt. Leo is so quick! He will go for the string toy, leaping through the air with both large paws in front of him. It is hard to keep the toy away from him! When I laugh, they don't seem offended.:thumbsup: They never fail to make me laugh!
playing with your cats makes you laugh!!! :clap: excellent!! :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love when Maisie lets me pet her and I love when Remy plays fetch. Also seeing Maisie chase a laser pointer is adorable.
you love when your Maisie lets you pet her and seeing your girl chase a laser pointer, and you love when Remy plays fetch!!! :thumbsup: very nice!! :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have this one named Donnie,and he is a character!When all else fails,he'll get into the ashtray,flip himself out a butt and it gets batted from one end of the house to the other...usually with several in hot persuit!Calliope will take my face in her paws and talks,which means she wants to get into the bathroom so she can have a private drink from the sink.My Mystery sleeps with me on my side of the bed,and when I get into bed,she will reach out with her front paws,grab my hand and hang on.Oh my...I could go on.They are all such sweethearts in their own way,and we love them all.
you love when your Donnie batts a cigarette butt around the house, when Calliope takes your face in her paws asking to get a private drink from the bathroom sink, and that your Mystery sleeps with you on your side of the bed and how she grabs your hand with her front paws and hangs onto them!!! :clap: awesome!! :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Noodles attacks water drops from the spout in my bathtub. Sometimes she pats my leg for attention.

Mooch meeps at me and does her best to get in my lap.
you love when your Noodles attacks water drops from the spout in your bathtub and that she'll sometimes pat your leg for attention, and how your Mooch 'meeps' at you and tries her best to get in your lap!!! :thumbsup: most excellent!! :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have so many cats so it's hard to answer this. I have 6 indoor cats that live with me, a colony that I take care of and a bunch of cats at my shelter. Every little thing they do makes my heart flutter.

What I secretly adore is when a cat that is not socialized decides to yawn in mid hiss. They have fought their instinct to be fearful and have started to speak but deciding in mid-sentence to change gears completely. This first step is how I know a cat is on the edge of turning from unsocialized to feral.

In human terms it'd be:

CatX: "What are you doing here you threatening disgusto- go away or I'm going to whip your...and you WILL FEAR ME MEEK HUMAN but hey oh it's you <yawning> do you have any food? I like that tiki stuff with the whole quail egg. That stinky stuff from the tin do you have any of that. You might be my best friend if you brought the good stuff!"

Me: "uh yeah sure whatevever you want master. I'm your Renfield. I'll fetch your tin of quail egg master"
you love when you see a cat take the first step, is on the edge of turning from unsocialized to feral!!! :cloud9: very nice!! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everything Carleton does makes me smile or laugh. :cutecat: Honestly, he's so mellow and even tempered that I feel truly blessed. Probably one of my favorite things he does is when I look at him and say, "Awwww!" He turns over on his back with his paws up in the air looking so darn cute.
you love everything your Carleton does, and one of your favorite things he does is when you look at him and say 'Awwww' and he turns over on his back with his paws up in the air!!! :clap: that sounds so cute!! :redheartpump:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Sophie is so silly. She gets epic bouts of the zoomies. The other day she zoomed into the living room and made a mad leap at the big cat tree. She missed her mark and landed on the windowsill behind it. The windowshade was pulled down. When she landed on the windowsill, she also landed on the shade which flew up. She did a huge backflip off the windowsill and raced into my room and under my bed. I think she thought Lily and I were laughing at her. I was laughing WITH her but I cannot speak for her sister.

She's always the one who wakes me up. Sometimes she will march up my legs and stand in the middle of my back. She will stand there until I move to get up. Sometimes she's a little more subtle. The other morning, as soon as my alarm went off, there was a tapping on my arm. I gave her some pets. She will keep tapping my arm until I get up. If I go for the snooze button, the gentle tapping becomes a slap to the hand. She loves to sit on my lap and demands her pets and cuddles.

Lily doesn't get into mischief like her sister does but she's a BIG drama queen. When I work late (and dinner is late), she'll stand on the kitchen table and HOLLER at me. As soon as I get home, I put my purse and keys down and get their dinner- while she hollers. Sometimes she'll start eating, other times she will leave the room in a huff anyway to teach me a lesson about being on time- and who the boss of the house really is.

She's also a BIG cuddle bug and when it's bed time, I call to her and ask her if she wants to snuggle and she always does. I get myself to bed then take her favorite blanket and set it up beside me. She likes to make herself a little nest with it and will knead it and purr until we fall asleep. She also knows when I don't feel well and she glues herself to my side.
you love that your Sophie gets epic bouts of the zoomies and how she always wakes you up for the day, and how your Lily is a big drama queen, that she loves to snuggle in bed with you, and that she knows when you're not feeling well and stays with you!!! :thumbsup: very nice!! :hearthrob: