Question Of The Day, Sunday, 2/10/19

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cornbread, fried potatoes or biscuits and gravy. My mom was southern and made cornbread with a meal or with beans. We often had biscuits and gravy or fried potatoes with our eggs for breakfast.
your favorites are cornbread, fried potatoes, or biscuits and gravy!!! :clap: that's great!! :D

mmmm...fried potatoes! :yummy:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness...I have so many!I think a good sandwich,be it tuna,roast beef.grilled cheese,egg & olive...and a great soup,which my favorite of all times is portugese kale,but there's always clam chowder,florentine tomato....
your favorite comfort food is a good sandwich, and a great soup!!! :thumbsup: excellent!! :agree:

that's definitely comfort food for me, as well!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mac n cheese, all the pasta, anything involving potatoes, cookies, cake, brownies, chips, burritos, nachos, quesadillas...When I'm upset I'll eat pretty much anything.
you have a good variety of foods that are comfort foods for you!!! :clap: very nice!! :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had one tonight for supper - creamed chipped dried beef. It's been so long since I've made it myself I was swooning over the roux. I had forgotten what good butter and flour tasted like. It reminded me of a cookie.

I love meatloaf and mashed potatoes, too.

When I'm sick, any kind of soup will do, especially chicken and noodle and chicken and rice. When I was sick for five months with pneumonia, I lived on soup and ice cream. The doctor said that was okay.
your favorite comfort foods are creamed chipped dried beef, meatloaf and mashed potatoes, and when you're sick it's soup -- especially chicken noodle and chicken and rice!!! :thumbsup: awesome!! :)

i remember creamed chipped dried beef from my childhood -- so good! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Macaroni cheese, I don't have enough of it though! Carbonara is a close second followed by toad in the hole.
Chicken soup, pumpkin soup (especially in cold weather), porridge (great for winter breakfasts), fish pie, cottage pie, English breakfast, Jacket potato and toasties.
that's a great group of favorite comfort foods!!! :thumbsup: very nice!! :)

i love 'jacket' potatoes, too! :yummy: i'll have one for a snack on cold winter evenings, to help warm me up!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Collards, cornbread, oyster fritters, baked sweet potatoes. Also, tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. For a long time, I didn't have the soup because all the canned ones had wheat as a thickener. No Progresso makes a scrumptious gluten free tomato basil with roasted red peppers.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Collards, cornbread, oyster fritters, baked sweet potatoes. Also, tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. For a long time, I didn't have the soup because all the canned ones had wheat as a thickener. No Progresso makes a scrumptious gluten free tomato basil with roasted red peppers.
your favorite comfort foods are collards, cornbread, oyster fritters, baked sweet potatoes, and tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich!!! :clap: that's great!! :D

i'm so glad you've been able to find a gluten free tomato soup, and that tastes really good! :yess: