Question of the Day, Sunday 19th of April, 2020

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Sunday!

So I was pondering this yesterday. Tell us about your first, your best, anything.
Fill in the blank with anything you want to share___________________

My best vacation was the first time I went to Key West. It was in February of 1996. It was so cold in Columbus. Patrick and I were at our friends' house at their kitchen table complaining about the cold. One of us said "Let's go somewhere warm!". So we did. Three weeks later we were having our first dinner there at The Pier House, outside. We ate all our meals outside except for one when there was a storm. The weather was outstanding, spent a lot of time in beach lounge chairs reading, talking, dozing. Visited Ernest Hemingway's home, so many cats!, and other interesting places. Drove to see the Key deer on Big Pine Key, only saw one, so adorable, they are tiny!

So tell us about your best, first, etc anything!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know,; there have been many firsts in my life, so I'll go with my first love. I've told the story before, but here goes:
I had come home on leave for a sister's wedding, after first considering not doing so, and also decided to take 3 weeks, so as not to lose it, because you could accumulate only so much. Anyway, it was the last week, and a Saturday night, so I decided to walk down to the local bar and have a few. I was about to leave when another glass was set in front of me- like I said, it was a local place, and they knew I was military- and while I was working on that, 4 people walked in, 3 of whom I knew. One of them came to the bar next to me to order for the table, so being curious, I asked her who her friend was and ended up getting invited to join them. Before I had to return to duty we had exchanged class rings, we got engaged when next I was home, and a year after my discharge we were married, and still are to this day, and it doesn't get any better than that.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know,; there have been many firsts in my life, so I'll go with my first love. I've told the story before, but here goes:
I had come home on leave for a sister's wedding, after first considering not doing so, and also decided to take 3 weeks, so as not to lose it, because you could only accumulate only so much. Anyway, it was the last week, and a Saturday night, so I decided to walk down to the local bar and have a few. I was about to leave when another glass was set in front of me- like I said, it was a local place, and they knew I was military- and while I was working on that, 4 people walked in, 3 of whom I knew. One of them came to the bar next to me to order for the table, so being curious, I asked her who her friend was and ended up getting invited to join them. Before I had to return to duty we had exchanged class rings, we got engaged when next I was home, and a year after my discharge we were married, and still are to this day, and it doesn't get any better than that.
That is so romantic 💖

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hmmm.... not sure. However, I think the first time we get to do a lot of things once this shutdown is over, it will will rise to the top of our "best ever" lists.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got a new tattoo today, so I'll share the story of my first tattoo! The tattoo itself doesn't have any significant meaning, but the story is kind of nice. A lot of parents don't want their kids to dye their hair or pierce their ears (or anywhere else!) and definitely don't want them to get tattoos. Despite being an old rocker, my dad turned out to be the conservative one in terms of body modification--but my mom usually fully supported me! She would always help bleach my hair and dye it every color of the rainbow when I was in middle and high school. She even let my brother get a bunch of piercings!

So on my 18th birthday, she took me to the local shop, Aloha Monkey, to get my first tattoo. But not just MY first tattoo...she got her first as well! They aren't even matching tattoos. She just looked at the flash on the wall and decided she wanted one too. Fast forward 12+ years and now she has just as many as I do (just got my 6th)! Hers are pretty stereotypical "mom" tattoos to be honest, butterflies and flowers, but it's still so funny to see peoples' reactions when they meet me and my brother (he has much larger tattoos as he was an artist's tattoo model for a while) and then meet our mom and she shows them hers. Whenever I tell her I'm getting a new tattoo she always says she's jealous! IN fact, I just got a message from her asking about my latest one!! HAHA

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
There are so many best times in my life, some of which others would not consider a big deal but I will go with Mia6 Mia6 on my best vacation. It was my first time abroad to England. We went as a family and although we did not have cameras on our phone at the time the sights and scenery are imbedded in my memory.