Question Of The Day Sunday, 14 July 2019

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not a big fancy meal person. I think I could live on sandwiches of different kinds. To me, the best part of the Thanksgiving meal was the sandwiches made from the leftovers. If I were going to have a big meal, I'd have

French onion soup. Ideally using Julia Child's recipe

Steak. Probably a bone in rib eye, rare with a good char on the outside and a light sprinkling of coarse salt on it. No additional seasoning on it. The girls expect their share and that is non negotiable. They both adore a good, rare steak and ALWAYS know when I have some. They really are MY girls.

Potato of some kind. Mashed or baked with butter. If it's a baked potato it must have a crisp skin and soft, fluffy inside with enough butter to make Paula Deen blush. That potato had better not ever been even CLOSE to a microwave. A few dashes of fresh ground pepper and it's all good.

Creamed spinach or spinach sauteed with garlic, olive oil and crushed red pepper.

A nice bottle of red to go with it

I'm not a dessert person and I honestly couldn't say when the last time was when I ordered dessert at a restaurant was. It's been that many years. Unless the Cinnabon Delights at Taco Bell count.

I do like a good chocolate mousse though. If I'm having that, then a small snifter of Grand Marnier to go with it.

P.S. If you have never had the Cinnabon Delights at Taco Bell, you need to re-evaluate your life choices and go get some. Get a 12 pack. Anything less will just make you sad when they are gone seconds after you get them. I rarely go to TB because I know I will get a 12 pack, eat all of them and not even pretend to feel bad about it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Potato of some kind. Mashed or baked with butter. If it's a baked potato it must have a crisp skin and soft, fluffy inside with enough butter to make Paula Deen blush
ha!!!!:flail: