Question of the Day, Sunday, 12 November, 2023

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my gracious, I love breakfast! At home, I am like a little kid. I love cereals. Also any kind of juice I can get my hands on. If I am out it would strawberry blinzt, pancakes or waffles. Plus fresh fruit. I miss having a Shoney's restaurant near, because they have the best breakfast bar. The addition of chocolate gravy is the only thing missing from the amazing Shoney's experience.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Breakfast is the best. Too many favorites to even choose from.
Here's a photo of one of my all time favorites - a Lobster Benedict with Key Lime Hollandaise Sauce. Huge chunks of lobster. This was at Blue Heaven down in Key West a few years back. Oh My. Can not even describe how wonderful this dish is.
lobster bennie.jpg

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite is a ham and cheese omelet, cooked all the way through not the French style, with home fries and toast. Second favorite would be a waffle with real maple syrup. If I am going to make either at home it will be for dinner rather breakfast. Breakfast at home is usually a smoothie made with plain Greek yogurt, almond milk and frozen fruit.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I only got into breakfast after my kids came along. If I want breakfast out I love the full farmers breakfast with eggs, home fries or hashbrowns, bacon, pancakes, etc.

At home i love breakfast sandwiches. I use egg whites and whole grain bread, one slice of cheese and one slice of ham. No salt but a sodium free lime/garlic/cilantro seasoning blend. Then fruit on the side. Once or twice a week I will use a whole egg; which really is more satiating. But I have been working towards having a place for the fun stuff while most choices are good, nutrient dense options.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There used to be a place in Springfield called Aunt Marthas,and my girlfriend and I would go and split an order of their lemony blintzes and an order of corned beef hash.OMG to die for!But,Aunt Martha passed away and her family sold it...now it's an empty lot.I'm actually not a breakfast person...much prefer it closer to noon,and usually a bagel with cream cheese or peanut butter toast.