Question of The Day. Sunday 10th of October.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I collect coins from other countries. It's interesting to see what currency looks like in other places. And feels! A few years ago I got a Canadian Quarter in my change and I could tell without looking that something was wrong. I kept it of course.
As a Canadian, I like getting the "50 state" American quarters in my change. The other day I found the Arizona/Grand Canyon quarter in my change. I've kept quite a few that I've found over the years (all from here in Canada, as I've never been to the States) but I definitely do not have anything close to all 50 quarters. :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've recently started collecting globes because I just finished my Master's in a geography-related program and maps and globes have always been things I've been fascinated by,
I have a feeling that could be DS in the future. The boy brings the globe with him when we go to get our grocery pickup! :lol: We put a huge world map on his bedroom wall. It's outdated; but he doesn't care at this age. Plus it was free. We have a US one too; but he doesn't have the wall space yet. I got him an illuminated globe last year for Christmas that he has on a timer in his room at night. It's such a fun interest to encourage! :redheartpump:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As a Canadian, I like getting the "50 state" American quarters in my change. The other day I found the Arizona/Grand Canyon quarter in my change. I've kept quite a few that I've found over the years (all from here in Canada, as I've never been to the States) but I definitely do not have anything close to all 50 quarters. :lol:
It is a mixed blessing living so close to the border with Canada. I have almost $3 CDN in coins, not counting Loonies, which I can't spend. Businesses will cheerfully give Canadian coins in change, but they won't take them in payment. Once I was even given a Panamanian 25 cent piece in my change. How that thing came to be in WNY is a question.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once I was even given a Panamanian 25 cent piece in my change. How that thing came to be in WNY is a question.
Maybe it was from my grandparents! They lived in Rhode Island, and my grandmother liked to use Panamanian quarters in any vending machine that would take it (most did). My grandfather was a captain on the Panama Canal and they lived in the Canal Zone before he retired, that's why they had Panamanian quarters.

Even if it wasn't one of theirs, there are other Zonians around, some in every state I think.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a feeling that could be DS in the future. The boy brings the globe with him when we go to get our grocery pickup! :lol: We put a huge world map on his bedroom wall. It's outdated; but he doesn't care at this age. Plus it was free. We have a US one too; but he doesn't have the wall space yet. I got him an illuminated globe last year for Christmas that he has on a timer in his room at night. It's such a fun interest to encourage! :redheartpump:
My interest in maps started young as well, but it wasn't until I was in my 30s that I realized that the perfect job for me is in GIS (geographic information systems).

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to collect several things: thimbles, postcards, stationery from hotels we stayed in, hockey cards, coins, but I have stopped. I do still have thimbles and coins.

The only thing I collect lately is yarn. You can never have too much yarn. And dust.