Question Of The Day, Sunday, 1/13/19

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like them all but don't eat it now. Once in a while, I make a pineapple pie with a gluten free graham cracker crust. Recently I saw a recipe for pie crust using gluten free Cheerios. I have put this aside and might be able to have more pie in my future now since I will know two ways to do a gluten free crust.
while you're limited due to needing a gluten free crust, you do make a pineapple pie once in a while with a gluten free graham cracker crust!!! :clap: that sounds like it would taste very good!! :D

i don't have experience using gluten free flour, but if my memory is correct, @Winchester has used gluten free flour in baking...with good results! i believe she's used King Arthur brand.

from what i've read, it really does take a good recipe, when using gluten free flour, and using a good gluten free flour. here's a recipe that looks good and relatively easy, and has good reviews -- Extra Flaky Gluten Free Pie Crust | Simple Ingredients, Perfect Results and there are links at that blog (see the flour ingredient, in the recipe on that webpage) to info about gluten free flours that are recommended, and why the blogger likes them/the results she gets when using them.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like all kind of pies, but maybe my favorite is blueberry. I would like to try making a chocolate pecan pie, but can't deal with those calories. Can't deal with the corn syrup, either. That bottle would sit in the pantry for years. I just threw one out that had about a quarter cup used. The cap was glued on after so long, and I couldn't even pour out the syrup to recycle the bottle.

Did you see that British Baking show where Paul Hollywood asked the contestants to make an American pie and then gave them fluted pans to bake them in? He doesn't know as much as he thinks he does.
your favorite is blueberry pie, and you like all kind of pies!!! :clap: that's great!! :D

chocolate pecan pie, that sounds like it would taste really good! :agree:

i haven't seen that episode. fluted pans, like a 'bundt' cake fluted pan? make an American pie in a fluted pan, would have had me...:headscratch:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apple or lemon meringue. I recently worked on a lemon meringue pie recipe that til I was finished, it completely filled the pie crust (most lemon meringue pies don't really fill a crust and what's the use in that?). And with the meringue, it was definitely over-the-top good! But I do love my apple pies, too, especially using brown sugar instead of granulated, and tons of raisins, with a pecan pie crust. Life doesn't get much better than that.
your favorites are apple and lemon meringue pies!!! :clap: excellent!! :D

i like my pie filling to fill the crust, too! i have 10-inch pie plates, so that means i need to increase the filling amount anyway. :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a big pie lover, since I don't care for sweets too much. Apple would probably be my favorite. I prefer savory pies like shepherds pie, though.
your favorite is apple pie, and you prefer savory pies -- like shepherds pie!!! :thumbsup: most excellent!! :)

savory pies are very good! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love apple pie (I have an obsession with apple turnovers at the moment) though generally prefer savoury pies like chicken, shepherds, cottage etc.
you love apple pie, and currently have an obession with apple turnovers!!! :clap: very nice!! :agree:

savoury pies like chicken, shepherds, and cottage sound great, too! :yummy: