Question of the Day - September 28th

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In far Northern Wisconsin the colors are at peak. I'm about 10 days away from peak color-however with such a dry summer there won't be a big color display.
The black walnut trees are almost bare of leaves and the popple trees are dropping leaves as well as the ash trees.

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sadly we don't have pretty leaves in the fall here.
The leaves usually just go brown at the first freeze.
And as of now, we are still in the 90s...I think next week will be the coolest yet...highs in the 80s...personally I can't wait for REALLY cool weather!!!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The trees started turning about a week or so ago. It will be a couple of weeks before we get peak color. I love heading up north for a color tour.

We need pictures!!!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, we have a few changing. I saw one today that was the most beautiful, brilliant yellow. The fiery reds are my fave though. Fall is so great, I just don't like what comes after.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The leaves are getting very colorful here in central ontario. We had a couple of frosty nights so that has helped them along quite a lot. The birch and willow leaves are already starting to fall but the maple, oaks, basswood and elms are still turning.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I havent noticed many leave changes yet. Then again, it still feels like the middle of summer here in Charleston!! I miss living in NJ and seeing the trees change in September.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, the leaves are beginning to change here in NE Ohio. And for those of us who live near the great lakes, I have heard that all to familiar weather term used already LAKE EFFECT.Yes, when I hear that, I know autumn is here and we all know what will soon follow