Question of the Day, Saturday the 9th of October, 2021

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, Hello and Happy Saturday!!

This has been asked before but I'll ask again.

What are some of your fave films, lines from those films? or books, poems, songs, prayers?

This is one of my fave prayers:

“Do not look forward to what may happen tomorrow; the same everlasting Father who cares for you today will take care of you tomorrow and every day. Either He will shield you from suffering, or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace, then, put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations, and say continually: The Lord is my strength and shield; my heart has trusted in Him and I am helped. He is not only with me, but in me and I in Him.”

―Saint Francis de Sales

from the film Malice

Jed:

I have an M.D. from Harvard, I am board certified in cardio-thoracic medicine and trauma surgery, I have been awarded citations from seven different medical boards in New England, and I am never, ever sick at sea. So I ask you: When someone goes into that chapel and they fall on their knees and they pray to God that their wife doesn’t miscarry, or that their daughter doesn’t bleed to death, or that their mother doesn’t suffer acute neural trauma from post-operative shock, who do you think they’re praying to? Now, go ahead and read your Bible, Dennis, and you go to your church, and, with any luck, you might win the annual raffle. But if you’re looking for God, he was in operating room number two on November 17th, and he doesn’t like to be second guessed. You ask me if I have a God complex. Let me tell you something: I am God.

Tracy:

"Ask God how many shots of bourbon he had before he cut me open.”

What are some of yours?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
There are so many from Supernatural, most are from Dean:

I hope your freakin apple pie was worth it!

Driver picks the music, Sammy. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Bring it!

Don't be afraid of the dark? Of course, you should be afraid of the dark! You know what's out there!

Demons I get. People are crazy.

And Sam: Apparently clowns kill.

Also Sam: What're you gonna do, poke her with a stick? Dude, you're not gonna poke her with a stick!

And finally Sam again: If it bleeds, you can kill it.

And so many, many more. You had to be there to get the context.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
“Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living.” from Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
“Those who have a 'why' to live, can bear with almost any 'how'.” from Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
“No man should judge unless he asks himself in absolute honesty whether in a similar situation he might not have done the same.” from Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
"Sometimes, the only realists are the dreamers." from Conscience of a Liberal by Paul Wellstone
“Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.” The Princess Bride

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Why should I trust you? You're a reporter". from Executive Orders by Tom Clancy

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This Be the Verse

They f--- you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.

But they were f----- up in their turn
By fools in old-style hats and coats,
Who half the time were soppy-stern
And half at one another's throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
And don't have any kids yourself.

Philip Larkin, High Windows

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There are so many from Supernatural, most are from Dean:

I hope your freakin apple pie was worth it!

Driver picks the music, Sammy. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Bring it!

Don't be afraid of the dark? Of course, you should be afraid of the dark! You know what's out there!

Demons I get. People are crazy.

And Sam: Apparently clowns kill.

Also Sam: What're you gonna do, poke her with a stick? Dude, you're not gonna poke her with a stick!

And finally Sam again: If it bleeds, you can kill it.

And so many, many more. You had to be there to get the context.
I’m Batman !! Dean. Also “Pudding” with his hands in the air and his shorts at his ankles.

Rowena did a great speech “ I am a flawed and petty evil creature Samual, and I don’t know if I can be redeemed... but I have to try.”

Billie/Death: Sometimes life is unfair and sometimes we lose things and sometimes we make mistakes. And some of these things can never be fixed no matter how powerful you become. Some things just are, and everyone has to live with that.”

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I love the famous line from Casablanca - "Here's Looking At You Kid." 😊

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses. - Blues Brothers

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"My dear partner, when what's left of you gets around to what's left to be gotten, what's left to be gotten won't be worth getting, whatever it is you've got left." Phil Davis, White Christmas