Question of the Day, Saturday the 8th of October, 2022

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, Hello!! Happy Weekend!!

What is your fave go to clothing for staying in the house on chilly days or warm days if you're down under?

On chilly days I usually wear a warm pair of sweats with a hooded sweatshirt and boots or warm slippers

What do you like to wear?

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
on chilly days sweatpants and a hoodie , for warm days shorts and comfy tshirt ... unless im inside the house then im in shorts all day and a tshirt

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have some soft leggings and sweatshirts that I wear in the winter. I will run to the supermarket in those clothes, anywhere else I put something else on.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A sweatshirt and my usual carpenter's pants, moccasins, and, if I'm really chilly, a wool knit cap- what we called a 'watch cap', back in the day.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
On cold days, if I am staying in the house, not leaving apartment; Fleece lounging pajamas, socks, slippers. Or heavy sweatshirt, leggings, socks, slippers.

On hot days, bike shorts and old t-shirt.. but I wear that out, also.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Short sleeve shirt, Jean Jacket, Cargo pants, ankle socks And Clogs while at home.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like my "Athleisure" attire at home. Usually some loose pants and an old shirt for the top. I have a sweater and hoodie to add for more warmth; especially if I'm wearing short sleeves. (Long sleeves are a pain if your doing housework.) I bought a very oversized men's flannel shirt this summer from a clearance rack and it's been very cozy so far this fall. :cloud9:

I used to go barefoot whenever possible; but mostly now I wear a pair of Freesail crocs with socks (they are narrower than the regular clog crocs) or croc flip flops if it's warm enough.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At home, thin jersey pants and a t-shirt year round. Cotton ankle socks and bedroom slippers. If I get cold, I will slip on a zip up hoodie. It's a very attractive outfit. :lol:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fleece lined track pants, long sleeve tee or skivvy, hand knit jumper, socks and fleecy slippers in the cold. Tee shirt and light pants or long skirt in hot weather.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It was 34F this morning when I woke up so sweatpants, long sleeve crewneck and sweatshirt with Smartwool socks.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Long pants,a long sleeve shirt and I almost always wear my tennis shoes and socks.When it's really cold or windy is when I break out the sweats and wool socks.Today was cooler but did make it to 70,so I have on a short sleeved tee....now it's after sun set so I have an open front sweatshirt on too.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am in FL but this time of year has me pulling out slippers. Our nights are half of our daytime temps, so mornings on wood and tile floors are no fun.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I almost always wear a beanie (watch cap ;) ) while inside when it's cold but I 've notice the only other person so far who wears one is N NY cat man . I cannot tolerate a cold head or feet. When I worked at Child Support Enforcement in Columbus my legs were cold when I wore skirts or dresses so I wore tights and some of my colleagues used to make fun of me saying I was like a little kid, but, hey, at least I was warm

Last edited:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a very thick fleece robe that I put on when I am cold. No matter what I have on, if I get cold, that thing will warm me up quickly. I also wear it outside in winter over pants and shirt. (I live in an isolated spot and no one ever sees me.) It is so warm and goes down to my knees.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I almost always wear a beanie (watch cap ;) ) while inside when it's cold but I 've notice the only other person so far who wears one is N NY cat man . I cannot tolerate a cold head or feet. When I worked at Child Support Enforcement in Columbus my legs were cold when I wore skirts or dresses so I wore tights and some of my colleagues used to make fun of me saying I was like a little kid, but, hey, at lea I was warm

Well, there has long been a saying that "if you're cold, then put on a hat", and it's true because so much body heat is radiated from the head- about a third, if I remember correctly.