Question of the Day, Saturday the 6th of November, 2021

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
We don't have daylight saving in my State.. the only State in Australia that doesn't. The decision goes way back 40 years to a rather dodgy Premier we had. We used to say Joh (the Premier) thinks the sun shines out of his bottom (not the word we actually used...) and he's not getting up an hour earlier for anyone.
We've had referendums and the 'no' usually wins, although if they had one now, it wouldn't. The main dissention comes from farmers and people in the far north where it's very hot. I don't mind either way, although I do love being down in Tasmania in Summer, when there can still be a bit of light at 10pm. Hard on parents though.

**GraciesMama**

New Furmama to Gracelynn
Kitten
Purraise
I could always use an extra hour of sleep however the early night time I will have to admitt that is big trigger for my seasonal depression :( first winter with Grace hopefully will help out with that! my beautiful litte girl <3

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
We don't have daylight saving in my State.. the only State in Australia that doesn't.
And I wish I'd known that before I got on a bus from Brisbane to Byron Bay and then nearly had a heart attack thinking I was going to be an hour late and not being able to work out why.

:lol:

We don't have daylight saving in Japan either. I don't miss it at all.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is prefer it to stay the same as well. It'll save me a lot of scares because I haven't changed the clocks yet😂