Question of the Day, Saturday the 6th of November, 2021

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, Hello! Happy first Saturday of November!

Time change tonight for a lot of us, gaining an hour.

Do you like the time changes or wish they would stay the same?

I wish they would stay the same as I hate the spring forward.

What about you?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm on team "quit changing it!". I'm such a creature of habit that I don't do well with the time change. It can take months for me to get used to it, just for it to change again a few months later...
Our province (Ontario) has started the process and it's been approved to stop the time change, but the only way for it to happen is if Quebec and I think New York also does it along with us...there may be a few other provinces/states involved, I'm not sure about that part. But if everyone gets on board, it will stop for us.

Edit...just double checked...it's only Quebec and New York. I do believe Quebec is on board...So to all you New Yorkers.....get on this!!!!!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would prefer to stay with Daylight Savings Time. Getting dark at 5:00 in the afternoon is horrible and depressing.
Me too! Even though driving to work in the dark stinks, I'd rather have more time to do stuff outside after work.

Or just compromise and leave it on the half-hour.

The farther North you get, the more it makes sense to keep the time changes, but it's still a pain.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd prefer it to stay on standard time all year.

Thankfully, my baby's not on a rigid schedule, but I imagine it's harder for people that have set in stone bedtimes. We'll see how J does this time around. Last spring wasn't too bad.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol:when i was out doing bad still i always felt like i lost an hour of darkness :lol:or gained depending upon if it went ahead or back. now it doesnt make much difference to me aside from the week or two for graycie adjusting to her feeding times:rolleyes: or it could be me adjusting to it i dunno

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I never really "adjust" to DST and really dislike it. Early dark does not bother me either as I think it goes with the winter holiday season. Worst problem for me is that the ferals refuse to adjust their watches and are all plastered against the back kitchen door at the "same" time, so I have to get up earlier until they slowly figure out what is going on.