Question Of The Day. Saturday The 3rd Of February

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Some community college. Then the Navy where I went to almost two years of schools to be an aviation electricians mate on the F14,and then the F14D. Then HVAC at Lincoln tech. Then truck driving school.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
at a university just outside of London.
Norachan Norachan - Aye, aye! That part sounds familiar, but it's all such a blur. I have an hazy memory of banging an empty Tennents can (oh, those Lager Lovelies!) against some rickety old iron gates next door on a Friday night, and singing The Gordouli at the top of my lungs, and the next thing I recall, I was on a tramp steamer, bound for the New World!

;)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I finally got to college at the ripe old age of 40. Part time as I was a full time worker. Took me almost ten years, but I finally graduated with a B.A. in Geography with a concentration in Environmental Planning. And I'm a planner now.

As for age, my sister got her doctorate in Education when she was 58. Believe me, it's never too late. Never!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I only went for 1-1/2 years - Livingston College (part of Rutgers University). I was so NOT ready to be out on my own yet. Didn't know how to manage my time and got caught up in spreading my wings for the first time to the detriment of my studies.

I was studying abnormal psychology which I found very interesting but truthfully wish someone had told me it would be ok to do something different, like going to culinary school. I'm much better at working full time and in the end, not having a degree made no difference to the work I have been doing for decades.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Deported for singing The Gordouli, huh? They were strict in those days.

:frown:

Brian007 Brian007 They all sound like really interesting things to study, particularly Social Anthropology. Which bits of Asia did you study?

@micknsnicks2mom @AbbysMom You have those special brains that can do maths! I've always been in awe of people who have those.

@PushPurrCatPaws I think I would have found that really hard to cope with too.

@Merlin77 You've got it all to look forward to! College is really hard work, stressful and crazy expensive, but so much fun too. I've got some really good memories of my student days.

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan predominately India with heavy leanings in Hindu, Buddhist, and Jain religion & philosophy. My mind used to melt and ooze out of my ears, trying to grasp onto super slippery trains of thought. We'd all come out of lessons looking like we'd been in a hurricane, dazed and confused. :freak:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope to go to the University of Winchester (I live in the UK) in September to study English Linguistics. I'm currently a sixth form student and I study English Language, History and Philosophy.