Question Of The Day. Saturday The 3rd Of February

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an 'MA Social Anthropology with South Asian Studies' from the University of Edinburgh, where I went as a mature student after gaining an 'Access' certificate at a further education college, because I went to a Rudolf Steiner School, which was outwith the national curriculum and didn't do any school exams whatsoever.

I also have City & Guilds and RHS certificates in Gardening. And a number of Herbal Medicine certificates from a wide variety sources, dating back to when I was aged 14. I like doing top-up herbal medicine courses because I find it easy and so can be teacher's pet, very childish and silly, I know.

So, fairly useless overall.

:dunce:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i graduated from a business school, where i studied accounting. i went on to work as an accountant, bookkeeper, and (mainly) as an auditor. i also worked as a piercer for several years, towards the end of my working years.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At the time I went to college, they didn't have an education major, per se. You had to major in something else and get your certificate at the same time. They suggested sociology for those of us who liked early childhood so that's what I went with. I planned to minor in French but I got enough credits while studying abroad it became a second major.

(I've also gone back post graduation and gotten my reading teacher endorsement and esl endorsement because they were offering really steep discounts for alumni. But I don't have a masters or anything yet)

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
neely neely , Medical Art is ace, Leonardo! I know it's not exactly medical art in a diagrammatical sense but I love Rembrandt's anatomy lesson paintings. (Warning: graphic 17th Century paintings of real autopsies.)
Brian007 Brian007 Yes, I am familiar with the painting. :thumbsup:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
When I started my career, in the medical field, degrees in certain areas were not in existence; there were only certificates.

I went to Northeastern University, for a Certificate in Radiologic Technology--a 2 year program. What I learned is now ancient history.

I then went back to school at a Community College for a change in careers~~ still medicine. I have an Associates Degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasound).

Both of these were augmented with a hospital based internship, during the 2 year period.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HDFS with a minor in Psych, at a state university. I originally majored in Zoology, with the intention of doing pre-vet medicine, but the competition being more fierce than med school for that university, I knew I wasn't in that tip-top upper percentage of really driven, ambitious pre-vet people who would make it through all the hoops. It's one thing to be 15th in your senior class in high school, but then you move to a university that's 70 times the size of your high school and a university especially known for its pre-vet and vet schools: your ambitions in that case have to be very hard-core. This was in the '80s. Some of the parameters for animal experiments, dissection and teaching at the time, for educational purposes, were a bit hard for me to cope with too, I guess. I think the standards and expectations for those have since gotten more regulated and more ethical (what with available computer modeling, etc.), but I was in my 20s at the time, going through the usual emotional changes and development of beliefs, and I was a vegetarian then. So, having a variety of interests, I just ended up deciding to switch my major. Some of my Psych courses required for my minor still involved things/ experiments that were tough for a sensitive, 20+-year-old vegetarian to cope with but I got through it. Looking back, I would have decided differently, but it is what it is!