Question of The Day. Saturday the 31st of October.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot to mention in my last post that I am terrified of anything to do with puppets, puppets or dummies that come alive and talk and kill people such as Chuckie.  I would never watch any of those movies.  Any kind of doll or anything that is not supposed to be alive.....is, I'm afraid of.

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@Fyllis  unfortunately, it's not 
 The goblins were more "monster-like" creatures.. I watced the movie in 1987 on TV.. No idea when it was released or even played in theaters 
I can't think of any other movies where 'goblins' invaded the house. Hmmmmmm? 

You will remember eventually. Probably like in 3 months from now, you will bolt up in bed at 3:30 in the morning and say, "THAT's the damn movie!".  LOL Let us know when you think of it... I am curious!
Believe me, I've been trying to find this movie for like 5 years now. I was 7 years old in 1987, so I doubt if I noticed the title.. 
 bummer.. The only extra I remember, is that the goblins were messing with the electricity.. I think.. 

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Believe me, I've been trying to find this movie for like 5 years now. I was 7 years old in 1987, so I doubt if I noticed the title.. 
 bummer.. The only extra I remember, is that the goblins were messing with the electricity.. I think.. 
OK, we need to narrow this down! LOL 

Little monsters playing with electricity on Christmas Eve. You watched the movie in 1987 - are you sure it wasn't the Gremlin's? That came out in 1984 and the cute little fuzzy creatures did eventually turn into violent, creepy little monsters. And it occurred on Christmas Eve. 

I have looked til my eyeballs hurt and I can't find anything! 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm 71 and to be honest, I can't remember. I know that my mum made sure we didn't watch what we shouldn't watch. We were even sent out of the room on occasions.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only think I can remember is an episode of Twilight Zone where the baby crossed over into another dimension through a portal in her room, and the father went in and tried to rescue her.  For weeks I went around feeling the walls in our house to make sure there weren't any portals there I was going to accidentally fall through.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG YES. I was also freaked from Watership Down! The creepy hallucination scenes and the violent deaths was too much. Even to this day, just thinking about it makes me queasy. I was around 6-7 when I saw it. I never ever ever ever want to see it again, let alone even glance at a pic.

Another one was The Dark Crystal:

But the borderline torture and death scenes too, and certain sounds. I was also around 8-9, give or take a year. I'm a little better off about it compared to Watership Down, but still don't fancy seeing it again. 

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The scariest thing on TV when I was a kid was the westerns when the cowboys and Indians shot at each other. :lol3:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i must have been about 6 or 7 years old, and my dad let me watch Dracula, with Bela Lugosi. i did fine while watching the movie, but for years after that my dad would come tuck me into bed at night and make sure the covers were tucked in around my neck. to this day, i always sleep with the covers tucked in around my neck -- not out of fear these days, but out of habit. i don't remember dracula related nightmares, but i do remember one with the frankenstein monster in it.

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

OK, we need to narrow this down! LOL 

Little monsters playing with electricity on Christmas Eve. You watched the movie in 1987 - are you sure it wasn't the Gremlin's? That came out in 1984 and the cute little fuzzy creatures did eventually turn into violent, creepy little monsters. And it occurred on Christmas Eve. 

I have looked til my eyeballs hurt and I can't find anything! 
LOL! I know! I've done that several times, whenever the "eagerness" to find the movie, takes the best of me.. 

I am sure it wasn't the Gremlins. I have the movies in DVD. I wasn't scared at all by them. They were a walk in the park, compared to the goblins I am talking about. Don't waste your time. Seriously. It was a very bad production and I'm sure they've burned every copy of it, by now 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Clutch Cargo cartoons.. I remember being about five years old and the way the characters were so static but their mouths were real completely freaked me out! 

And I remember sitting on the stairs outside the lounge room with my fingers in my ears waiting for the tense bits in Lassie to be over...

I reckon I win the Wimpy Kid Award....

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The gmork (black wolf-like thing) in The Neverending Story. But I misinterpreted the whole story so I thought he was the Nothing, which is what I was really scared of. . .it's complicated! I watched the movie as an adult and the gmork isn't so scary but the Nothing is still pretty scary :lol3:.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

OMG YES. I was also freaked from Watership Down! The creepy hallucination scenes and the violent deaths was too much. Even to this day, just thinking about it makes me queasy. I was around 6-7 when I saw it. I never ever ever ever want to see it again, let alone even glance at a pic.

We're not alone! When I was looking for clips on You Tube there were so many people who'd been scared of this movie when they were little.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hated Watership Down. I thought it was sad and violent and generally unpleasant, but I wasn't scared by it. Ugh. Why did they decide to make a cartoon of that?

Last edited: