Question of the Day, Saturday, the 2nd of October, 2021

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Wake Me Up, hee, hee!!

Hello and Happy first Saturday of October!!

So, I've been pondering food, am I ever not?? ha!!

What are your fave soups, stews? What do you like to eat with them?

Mine is Campbell's tomato soup with a grilled cheese, Lobster Bisque with heavily buttered French bread, She-Crab soup, so many more

What are yours? If you're not a soup person what do you like to warm you up?
or cool you down for our Down Under members?

I think Pam asked this same question recently..sorry for the repeat.

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Butternut squash
Pumpkin
Broccoli cheese (so sad I can't have it this year)
Chicken/turkey noodle

I also like warm beverages like coffee, tea, hot cocoa, and apple cider.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite soup is Chicken and Noodle. Of course I occasionally have the Campbell's Cream of Tomato with a grilled cheese.

I also like a beef stew and I usually make biscuits to go with it.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My homemade Lentil soup would be at the top of the list. It’s posted on the Foodie board, I think on the Soups thread but maybe under vegetarian meals. Quick and easy to make and freezes well so I always have a few servings in the freezer. I also like chili and keep the freezer stocked with that as well.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Chicken corn chowder is top among my favorites. Always with homemade warm bread or cornbread. Chili is always wonderful for a cold day. But I think that any kind of pot pie works, too. We prefer beef pot pie, but I'd also take chicken. And beef pasties with a good wine sauce. Beef stew and pot roast always hit the spot.

And now I'm hungry for a Pastie!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Won ton
Chicken noodle
Turkey noodle
French onion

My favorite canned soup is Progresso Chickarina. Walmart's Marketside brand chicken noodle (found in the deli section) is my favorite store bought. It tastes very close to homemade.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cream of Crab, Italian Wedding Soup, Pea Soup, Veggie or Minestrone. Broccoli Cheddar and Beer Cheddar soup! Oh and true homemade Chicken Soup.

I love soups. I don’t think there is a kind I don’t like.:yummy:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My homemade Lentil soup would be at the top of the list. It’s posted on the Foodie board, I think on the Soups thread but maybe under vegetarian meals.
I love lentil soup, now I'll have to look for the recipe in The Foodie's Corner thread.

My favorite warm up food is veggie chili especially with homemade cornbread. :yummy:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are so many soups that I love and we eat a lot during the cooler months.I'm not too picky what I have with them...anything from crackers,topped or not,grilled cheese,garlic bread,foccacia.Makes me think of my dear friend Glenda that passed away,and our quest for the best french onion soup.The Red Onion in Joplin,MO had everyone beat was our opinion,and they had a seared fresh tuna sandwich that was to die for!I haven't made it in a long time...hmmm....

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I grew up on Campbella's tomato and vegetarian vegetable soup. My favorite soups now are Amy's chunky bisque tomato, vegetable, veggie chili, mushroom bisque and lentil. I also lIke Pacific tomato soups and sometimes Campbell's Yes soups.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Mushroom soup, although I never eat mushrooms. :)

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Soup is probably one of my most favorite foods. I love chowders specifically like clam chowder or anything with corn. I also love some kinds of tomato and red pepper soups, but it's hard to find the type I love. I really only like homemade soups. Canned soups will almost never do, but I do really like Progresso's chicken enchilada soup but it is really hard to find for some reason.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm not a soup person at all, I can't deal with warm liquids. I just cuddle up underneath a warm blanket and enjoy that. Cold chocolate milk is great for the atmosphere