Question of The Day. Saturday the 2nd of January..

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hi, Happy Year of The Monkey.

What are you most looking forward to in 2016? Do you have anything special planned this year?

The only plan I have so far this year is an overnight trip in the spring. We haven't even decided where we are going yet, maybe somewhere with hot baths, temples and monkeys.

How about you? 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh golly, it's my year!!!!!  I'll have to do something exciting...

I think this will have to be the year when I go down to my home state of Tasmania and catch up with people I haven't seen in so long.  I have a dear friend staying from there and she's recommending we do a house swap, so that we can look after each other's cats, so that would work perfectly.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm looking forward to having my new and bigger wood stove put in, this coming monday! however, i'm not looking forward to being without wood stove heat for the 3-4 days it takes to season the paint on the stove -- it's supposed to get down to the teens (F) for those days/nights! 
  i'll use the furnace for heat, but i won't feel truly warm again until i'm using the new wood stove to heat my house.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We can't go anywhere for longer then overnight, too many outside cats and too many coons that eat all their food. We take a LOT of day long 'jaunts' around our state, and the neighboring ones, my husband loves to travel and this kind of appeases him. There are a lot of special areas and towns I never knew existed in our own backyard! Later this spring we are putting my mother's house up for sale, it's going to be rough to get rid of 60 years worth of memories (not to mention 60 years worth of accumulations!) but she is just too lonely there in that big house all by herself and we are 70 miles away. Wish me luck! 

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We have no special plans for 2016.

Housewise, we would like to start working on our bathroom at some point this year.

During the early part of this year, Rick and his sister will be working on cleaning out their mom's house, getting it ready for sale. They're thinking of going with a public sale. It's going to be a lot of work to get things cleaned, packed-up, and then get the house sold.

No special vacation plans, not yet anyway. We're (the whole family: us, my sister and BIL, and my brother and SIL, maybe the kids) thinking of a trip to the vineyards of the Finger Lakes, but I don't know if that will pan out or not. Rick and I will be heading back to Vermont more toward fall to take another King Arthur baking class.

That's really all we've talked about.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I was born in the year of the Monkey. :)

My niece is getting married this year along with all of the fanfare tht goes along with it.

Other than that, I haven't given much thought to it yet.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
An engagement ring :D
My BF wasn't in the financial position to have that happen up until now. That's changed due to unfortunate circumstances (both his parents passed recently and very close together). He keeps mentioning we need to ring shop.
It hasn't been a pressing issue at all being in our fifties. But, we both like being married and it does have its benefits for our situation.
I need to educate him on rings first lol. I know a lot about diamonds, and he knows nada. Don't want him getting ripped off!

mattkat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We will go skiing in late January. That is what I will be waiting for all of January.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I think I will be going to Denmark this year.  My 'roots' are Danish and I've heard that one of my older cousins still keeps in touch with a couple of elderly relatives living there.  It would be so fun to see the area my grandmother was from and maybe even meet some relatives.  

Other than that, I am looking forward to hopefully an uneventful year.  The past couple have been a bit busy and stressful so some quiet times would be a good thing. 

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't really planned much for this year in the way of travel. I'm really hesitant to do so after last year with the kitties. I'd like to go to Toronto though to visit my friend, haven't been there since 2016. Oh, and I will be going to Minneapolis for my friends' wedding at the end of September.

We are getting new porches hopefully this year. Our current ones are beyond the point of repair. Not till spring though.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Monkeys give me the creeps. 
  I'm so glad we don't have them in the wild here!!  I mean some of the little ones are cute; but I've still got no desire to hold one! 

This year is very up in the air right now.  I mean DH has his vacation dates decided and what not; but we don't know what we are doing.  My parents want us all to go to Disney; but I'm thinking that will wait till next year.  I don't think I have anything specific I'm looking forward to either.  No weddings, births, etc.  One friend is due to deliver her baby any time now; but that's the only thing I can think of right now.  

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My SO and I have made no plans, just to be together and take things day by day.  During the summer, we do go to his house down the Jersey Shore on the weekends but that's only if I'm up to it.  Unfortunately I have health issues and sometimes I would rather just stay at home.

Again, I take it day by day. 

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Far as I am concerned, 2016 is THE YEAR OF THE CAT!!! Hoping to get a decent job this year as I haven't had one in 17 months. Hoping that I can make it to 2017, then 2018, etc., etc., Also, hug a cat more often than I get a chance to...

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last year we planned a week long trip to Bermuda this June to celebrate our five year wedding anniversary :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Perhaps a trip to South Carolina for my best friend's birthday.  Her daughter is looking into coming up and getting me.  I have a cat sitter lined up just in case.

Far more iffy, but possible, a short trip to Chattanooga at some point.  I used to live there, and my younger son and granddaughter are there now.  It would be a total surprise to them.