Question Of The Day. Saturday The 29th of November.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks!  No, I don't have to lighten it first. That would be way to damaging to do all of the time. My hair is on the dry side. The highlights I had for summer, pick up the darker color though, to have the variation.

sherit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Actually I agree with another reader..the cost, the smell of the chemical and what they do to my scalp

causing sores on my head was the reason I quit coloring my hair..

I have been blonde from a great salon  and I have had what they called frosted  hair from a  great salon

and I used to color it myself..

These days people are going grey and not ashamed of it..

I also notice that if you wear some lipstick in a rose or pink color

and some beige or mauve  eye shadow with top eye liner

it gives your face some color and contrast as you grey..

My thoughts are that  anyone over 50 that has really  dark hair

it shows up the wrinkles

in their face and neck..

you do not see the grey in this photo ..a selfie I took recently

but in the sunlight or under lights it is grey...

I am 62 years old and this is a photo taken by me this year..

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Sheri! No, you don't look gray AT ALL. Looks more chestnut. That's a good picture!   

.......At 45 & still single, I'm not ready to go gray!  
 Nor would it go well with my fair skin & freckles. LOL!

sherit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
well redheads do not grey well..but my father greyed the silver grey which I have

I always wanted to be a natural platinum blonde all  my life but that was not to be

went blonde one time and it was a beautifully done job, but t hose roots showing

every 4 weeks, I could not stand that ...so I  went back to brunette...

fast...

Thanks for writing...

Love  Sheri

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YUP!  My hair appointments are every 5 weeks!  I am grateful I can trade for them, or I wouldn't be able to afford it. My hairdresser turned friend, comes for her massage once a month. 

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had worn my hair gray for several years. Last week, I had some highlights and low lights put in. My hair was a pretty silver color with some dark strand, maybe almost black in it.
I wanted the salt and pepper look. I found a picture and took it with me The beautician said it would be too stark a change I wanted her to do some lowlights, blending with some of the dark already in my hair and let my silver be the highlights. Instead, I got some blonde highlights and the dark turned out with a reddish look. I wish I had left it alone. The good thing is it is very subtle and a lot of folks haven't even noticed. She is going to get chance to cut it a lot now. :nod:

Last edited: