Question of The Day. Saturday the 21st of March.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love the fact that I can (and did) open all my windows in the house and let it get some fresh air. I love the daffodils, they are my favorite flower. The warm, breezy days. The clean, fresh smell of the air. I love being able to get outside and work in the yard or just sit or play outside with my daughter and fur babies. It's WONDERFUL!!!!!!! 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes. Even British winters. I get cold but it's easier to warm up than cool down. would you like to spend Christmas by the sea?
I've been spending Christmas by the sea (east coast of Florida) for 12 years. DH, DD and I used to go to the beach on Christmas just because we could 

We don't have what everyone else calls spring here. We've been using our air conditioner for weeks now. I leave it on for the furkids when i'm not home because it gets too hot in the house if I don't. DD says we have 2 seasons. Summer and Summer lite. We get a few weeks tops in the "winter" of weather that the northern states would call fall. Kind of like what late October feels like. To see people here at that time, you'd think it was the Arctic in January though. 
  We have no tolerance for cold here. full summer will be here shortly and will last until November. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been spending Christmas by the sea (east coast of Florida) for 12 years. DH, DD and I used to go to the beach on Christmas just because we could :)

We don't have what everyone else calls spring here. We've been using our air conditioner for weeks now. I leave it on for the furkids when i'm not home because it gets too hot in the house if I don't. DD says we have 2 seasons. Summer and Summer lite. We get a few weeks tops in the "winter" of weather that the northern states would call fall. Kind of like what late October feels like. To see people here at that time, you'd think it was the Arctic in January though. :lol3:   We have no tolerance for cold here. full summer will be here shortly and will last until November. 
I hate summer and the heat. But it's too cold for Christmas by the sea. Not that we celebrate Christmas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've spent one Christmas in Australia, two in India and one on Easter Island. My family aren't that big on celebrating Christmas either so I don't miss out on anything festive and being somewhere warm enough for a day at the beach is great, whatever the time of year.

I'm too pale to suntan though, I always where long sleeves and carry a parasol. Luckily I don't mind appearing slightly eccentric. (I'm British, we're good at eccentric.)

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I welcome the spring because things are a little less worrisome - less heating bills, driving in snow, trying to shovel driveway fast enough to get to work on time, etc.    

The spring is nice, but I LOVE the weather when it is very hot!  It would be my dream to live in hot weather year-round.  My mind and body just feel better when it is warm.    

I like the fact, however, that Speedy can go out on her harness for walks around the yard, we have a lot of good times being outside in the Spring and Summer.   

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot to add, we still have snowbanks (although they are decreasing in size) and the ground is still covered with snow and ice.       I am in the Northeast, USA.         

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Spring is wonderful. I love not having heat or air condition. But it has turned cold again where I live here in the south. The wind is blowing and the heat is still on. :nod: