Question of the day, Saturday the 20th of August. 2022

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! I've seen so many air shows here in St. Louis.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The air show sounds fun! And I'd love to go to the Cleveland Botanical Gardens. Although...Why "botanical" in the name? How could a garden be anything BUT "botanical?" what would you plant instead? Chihuahuas?

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and Happy Weekend!!

Cleveland has a lot to do and see. There is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, recently there was an exhibit of the artist Banski's works. Back in the early 70s there was an exhibit of King Tut treasures. Every Labor Day weekend, they have the Cleveland Air show that I have always wanted to attend.the The coolest part is none of these are more than 30 miles from my house.

Do any of these sound fun to you? What would you like to do or visit?
Go back in time and see the Treasures of Tutankhamun! It never came to Australia and I was at the wrong end of the country to see the last-chance-before-Covid one.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The air show sounds fun! And I'd love to go to the Cleveland Botanical Gardens. Although...Why "botanical" in the name? How could a garden be anything BUT "botanical?" what would you plant instead? Chihuahuas?
Those would be little piranah plants!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
And I'd love to go to the Cleveland Botanical Gardens. Although...Why "botanical" in the name? How could a garden be anything BUT "botanical?" what would you plant instead? Chihuahuas?
:lol: It's a world-wide thing.. most places have their Botanic or Botanical Garden. If it just said 'Cleveland Garden' it could mean your aunt's rather nice front yard. Botanic gardens often have unique/endangered plants.
You may have guessed I'm a lover of them.. I like to visit the Brisbane Botanic Garden here, always visit the one in Hobart when I'm down there and I search them out when I travel.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a world-wide thing.. most places have their Botanic or Botanical Garden
My friend was married at the Cleveland BG...lovely and I visited the one in Toronto

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Go back in time and see the Treasures of Tutankhamun! It never came to Australia and I was at the wrong end of the country to see the last-chance-before-Covid one.
I would love to have been able to go. I have a subscription o Archeology magazine, I know nerd ha!!.
There are rips you can take to see the Pyramids, etc, starting at 5k!!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to have been able to go. I have a subscription o Archeology magazine, I know nerd ha!!.
There are rips you can take to see the Pyramids, etc, starting at 5k!!
Sadly my days of overseas travel are long past! At least I saw the Gold of the Pharaohs exhibition when it came here in the 80s.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am fairly certain that it has to do with the cultural and scientific nature of the garden. Rather than just being a pretty collection of plants and flowers in a typical garden, botanical gardens are used to study, conserve, and educate about the collection of plants.