Question of the day, Saturday the 20th of August. 2022

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and Happy Weekend!!

Cleveland has a lot to do and see. There is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, recently there was an exhibit of the artist Banski's works. Back in the early 70s there was an exhibit of King Tut treasures. Every Labor Day weekend, they have the Cleveland Air show that I have always wanted to attend.the The coolest part is none of these are more than 30 miles from my house.

Do any of these sound fun to you? What would you like to do or visit?

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You should go to the air show. That sounds really cool!
Cleveland is about 2 hours from here. Growing up, Cleveland meant the Euclid Square Mall (now demolished) or a Cleveland Indians or Cleveland Browns game. Those were always fun!
I always heard cautionary tales of "Dead Mans Curve", I think it's on I90. If you're traveling that area, be careful and pay attention to speed limit signs :oops:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The air show, maybe; my former landlord was on an aircraft carrier back in the late 50s/ early 60s, and he attends all of the big ones. I have been to/ through Cleveland several times, both west and southbound, and the I90/ I71 split can get you if you're not paying attention.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Air Show. I have been to the one in Dayton when I lived there but I haven't been to the one in Cleveland. I live in the Columbus area now so I think it is about the same distance to Cleveland as to Dayton. Dayton also has the Air Force Museum which I have been to several times. The Wright Brothers Bicycle shop was in Dayton so they use the 'Birthplace of Aviation' a lot.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd be interested in seeing the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

And the King Tut stuff if I'd been around.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I'd definitely go to a Banksy exhibition I saw the King Tut exhibits at the Cairo museum many years ago and would certainly be up for seeing them again. Not into air shows and would probably just prefer to listen to my favourite Rock and Roll. :)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The annual Air & Water Show is going on in Chicago at this very moment, weather permitting. It's supposed to storm so I'm crossing my fingers it holds off for awhile. :crossfingers: I was in the city Thursday when they were practicing so I got a glimpse of it. I always love checking the exhibits and events at The Art Institute of Chicago. Cezanne is currently there as well as David Hockney which I was fortunate to see when we were visiting the UK last month.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Air Show. I have been to the one in Dayton when I lived there but I haven't been to the one in Cleveland. I live in the Columbus area now so I think it is about the same distance to Cleveland as to Dayton. Dayton also has the Air Force Museum which I have been to several times. The Wright Brothers Bicycle shop was in Dayton so they use the 'Birthplace of Aviation' a lot.
We lived in Columbus for about 10 years back in the 1980s-1990s. We Did go to the Air Force Museum which was interesting. I remember once they had an exhibit of terra cotta warriors that was very interesting. I like Museums.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
If I were rooting around Cleveland for the first time I’d take Tut, but what I love doing somewhere new is just to pick out a nice outdoor coffee house and people watch, read, drink coffee, get the feel of things.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If I were rooting around Cleveland for the first time I’d take Tut, but what I love doing somewhere new is just to pick out a nice outdoor coffee house and people watch, read, drink coffee, get the feel of things.
There are a lot of great small lake towns just for that right around Cleveland, some of them are practically made for sitting on the water and people watching :)

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are a lot of great small lake towns just for that right around Cleveland, some of them are practically made for sitting on the water and people watching
About twenty years ago I did that at a coffee shop every Saturday morning. I would get a paper newspaper remember those and sit outside with my coffee. It was close enough to residential areas that people would walk there, many with their dogs. It was also close to an orthodox synagogue and men in their hats and black suits with the long jackets would be walking to synagogue.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm the type of person who is really into beautiful nature sites and then the very stereotypical tourist attractions, so I think the only thing I would probably visit is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Dad always dragged me to air shows when I was a kid. I never liked loud noises or heat when I was a kid so I can't remember enjoying a single one. Even with cotton stuffed in my ears. :lol:

I would probably enjoy art exhibits but I have a feeling I might enjoy them more alone where I can browse at my own pace vs bringing my kids and DH. I've enjoyed aquariums and zoos. Some really do a good job educating people on the animals, conservation and the environment so that's a nice draw and a bonus.

Children's museums can be incredibly fun! Especially if they are hands on and encourage you to play with your kids too. We visited one last spring that was AMAZING. It was a whole STEM setup with dozens of activites. DS was on Cloud 9 and could have stayed all day and still gone back for more the next day.

I would like to see a good Broadway show and a good ballet. I really dislike cities so I'll never go on my own; but I'd enjoy the shows themselves!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would probably enjoy the Tut exhibit and R&R Hall of Fame,but the air show might be cool too.Haven't been to one since I was a kid and enjoyed it.I'm a fan of Michael Symon,and I know he used to have a couple of restaurants in Cleveland...I'd love to check them out as well.