Question Of The Day. Saturday The 1st Of December.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning!

Is it really December already? Where did that year go? Does anyone else remember when a year lasted for 365 days, rather than just for the afternoon?

:ohwell:

What was your highlight of 2018?

I think some of my best times involved horses. I went riding Mongolian style up on the high plains of Nagano and rode retired race horses on the coast of Kanagawa, as well as going for some lovely rides through the woods at my local stables.

Another high point was seeing all four of the foster kittens I took in last year find a place in a Cat Cafe. The 3 girls have already found their forever homes and the boy is still enjoying life with his Cat Cafe buddies.

How about you, what were your best bits for 2018?

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Going back to school was the best decision I've ever made. At the beginning of the year, I was extremely depressed, trapped in a dead-end job I hated. I'm still depressed (because that doesn't go away like magic), but school makes me happy, and I'm working in a much better place. I've maintained a 4.0, much to my surprise.
In short, this is the happiest I've been in over a decade :bunnydance:

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
High point was that all our efforts (during almost a year) to convince my dad to undergo transcatheter aortic valve implantation have paid off; he had surgery in September 2018 and he is in excellent condition:heartshape:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm embarrassed to say that I can't think of any highlights from this year. No horrible lows, either, though. I just can't think of anything that sticks out :ohwell: (I do have the most dreadful memory, though :ruminating:).

Oh wait - I have one :yess: A close friend of mine came to spend a week with me. That was a definite high point :cloud9: (even more so because it's so rarely that we get to meet up).

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably finding the most sweet, lovable, adorable dog on the planet. I had no choice but to take her to the HS, but she was adopted in 2 days to a great loving home. It was bittersweet. I still miss her.
And, I finally sold my horse trailer and a stall (only one of many), but it's a start.
Also, my son made Dean's List in college.

It was mostly a bad year for me, so I have to take the little victories when I can.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This has been a rough year for my family. We have had a devastating death and so much illness and injuries.:(
But in all this darkness, there has been a shining beacon of light. Buddy! We adopted him this year and he has brought so much joy! He has brought laughter back into our home. He is a little happiness-making machine!:redheartpump:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As an old, retired geezer, my days all seem to just run together, but the highlight would have to be the day when, out of idle curiosity, I clicked on something called The Cat Site. I have never had any dealings with social media before, so it came as a pleasant surprise to 'meet' all these people concerned with the welfare and betterment of cats.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Trips with the family.... like.... Hawaii! My oldest friend lives in Maui and got married this year. She invited my family to the wedding and we spent a week on the island.

But we also took some smaller road trips this year. One just because to stay in a hotel and enjoy the pool for a weekend.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Taking a cruise to Alaska with my family has been amazing this year. I am planning on going back on my 40th birthday
I'm not sure when your birthday is, but considering the last 24 hours, you might want to postpone that.