Question of the Day, Saturday the 16th of April, 2022

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester what's on your menu? :yummy:

I don't celebrate Easter etc so I wont be making anything special.
LTS3 LTS3 C'mon over and have dinner with us!

Spiral sliced ham with raspberry glaze
Yam-stuffed Grannies (it's just cooked and pureed sweet potatoes mixed with maple syrup and pecans and the innards of semi-cooked Granny smith apples and then "stuffed" into the apple shells. Pretty much the only way our son will eat sweet potatoes)
Baked corn (an old favorite. It's not Sagaponek, just a really good baked corn pudding)
Baked pineapple
Cranberry relish and freezer cabbage
Cheesecake
Boston cream pie
I made egg-shaped sugar cookies yesterday
A nice bottle of blush to go with our dinner

We still have sweet potatoes in storage in the basement from our garden last year!
Normally, I don't have cranberry relish for Easter, but my sister's SIL requested it. Since I made for them, I kept a wee bit for me, too.
The cheesecake is a Junior's dessert, shaped and decorated like an Easter egg. It was delivered back around the end of March.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I don't really do Easter, and it's just the 2 of us, and I injured my right foot arch this morning, so it won't be much! It was supposed to be lemon chicken, asparagus, boiled red baby potatoes, roasted Brussels sprouts and mixed berry crumble (crumble was made last month and frozen). Wonder if DH would cook it, as standing hurts?!??

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 C'mon over and have dinner with us!

Spiral sliced ham with raspberry glaze
Yam-stuffed Grannies (it's just cooked and pureed sweet potatoes mixed with maple syrup and pecans and the innards of semi-cooked Granny smith apples and then "stuffed" into the apple shells. Pretty much the only way our son will eat sweet potatoes)
Baked corn (an old favorite. It's not Sagaponek, just a really good baked corn pudding)
Baked pineapple
Cranberry relish and freezer cabbage
Cheesecake
Boston cream pie
I made egg-shaped sugar cookies yesterday
A nice bottle of blush to go with our dinner

We still have sweet potatoes in storage in the basement from our garden last year!
Normally, I don't have cranberry relish for Easter, but my sister's SIL requested it. Since I made for them, I kept a wee bit for me, too.
The cheesecake is a Junior's dessert, shaped and decorated like an Easter egg. It was delivered back around the end of March.
You had and interesting dinner. I've had all but the yam stuffed Grannies and baked pineapple. I love yams and pineapple so I'd like both of those.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
debbila debbila The yam-stuffed Grannies is an old recipe that I found years and years ago. I wanted our son to eat sweet potatoes and this is the only way he would eat them. I guess you could use any good baking apple, but I've always used Granny Smith.

We were at Shady Maple, a huge buffet-type restaurant, one time and Rick tried the pineapple casserole. He just loved it, so I started messing around and found this. It also became a family favorite. Rick says it's like a pineapple bread pudding and you could actually serve it with vanilla ice cream, it's that good. It's basically a can of crushed pineapple with sugar, eggs, butter, and cubed bread. I always add a bit of cinnamon, too.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
debbila debbila Here you go:

PINEAPPLE STUFFING (from allrecipes)

½ cup margarine or butter
1 cup white sugar
4 eggs
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
5 slices white bread, cubed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch baking pan.
In a mixing bowl, cream margarine and sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the pineapple and bread cubes.
Bake in a 350-degree oven for one hour. Let sit a few minutes to firm up before serving.
NOTE: Feel free to decrease the amount of sugar. I’m down to a little over ½ cup. Try half granulated sugar and half brown sugar, too.
__________________________________________________________________________________
YAM-STUFFED APPLES

8 med. tart baking apples (I use Granny Smith apples)
1 yam, about 10 oz. cooked and mashed
¼ c. packed brown sugar
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp. slivered almonds
2 Tbsp. melted margarine
¼ c. maple syrup

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Core each apple from stem end, making a 1¼-inch strip around the top of each apple. Remove apple pulp. Mash pulp and mix with remaining ingredients. Fill apples with mixture. Bake 50 minutes. Makes 8 servings.
NOTE: You can divide in half for four servings.