Question of the Day, Saturday the 15th of October , 2022

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 , do you remember which year your memory from the Indians game was? I don't follow baseball as much as I used to, but my Dad flew to Atlanta when they played the Braves in '95. I was 12 and so jealous I didn't get to attend!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Without going into too much detail, Christmas of 2003. The family dynamics were very shifted and very uncomfortable. I spent the entire Christmas Day driving around in my truck with my dog. The most obscene part to me at the time was it was the "perfect" Christmas snow. Big fat beautiful flakes that fell all day, but didn't stick. The roads remained clear, and the scenery was gorgeous. In the late afternoon, I stumbled upon a park I didn't know existed, and drove to the way far back parking lot, and parked. My Christmas dinner I had packed was a fun size pack of cheez-its, a pudding cup, and a 20 ounce bottle of Coke. I had treats for my dog. I had read Watership Down a few years before in high school, so I was working on the Animals of Farthing Wood (good similar read, but less prophetic if you're into that sort of thing) so I ate my food and read my book. My dog and I were snuggled up on the bench seat, just reading and chilling, when I saw a cop pull into the very large parking area. The cop stopped in front of my truck, got out, and checked in. I told him I was traveling (not a lie) and I needed to pull over for some food and a rest (also not a lie.) I wasn't drinking or drugging, and after a quick shine with the flashlight, he knew it, so he told me to have a Merry Christmas and stay safe on the roads. After almost 12 hours of driving around and wondering what the Hell I was going to do, my old flip phone rang and it was a family member asking me to come home. So I did. And since then, our relationship has been so much better. We had our first real talk in a long time that night. The day kind of sucked, but that Christmas night it was like something else shifted, the family dynamics didn't matter anymore and the relationship between me and that person began to heal. And the best part is that it's healthy and strong to this day.

Oh, and that park I was at? I didn't realize until about a year ago that the "parking lot" I was in was actually a soccer field. Oops.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I went to England and France in 1989. Saw the places and things from history I love best. Palace of Fontainebleau, the Louvre, the V&A costume and jewellery collections, the National Portrait Gallery. Was allowed into the storage area there because the medieval, Tudor and Stuart sections were closed for renovations. I was almost touching the portrait of Richard III in its sliding frame. Also there were two beautiful longhair kitties at the flat where I stayed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 , do you remember which year your memory from the Indians game was? I don't follow baseball as much as I used to, but my Dad flew to Atlanta when they played the Braves in '95. I was 12 and so jealous I didn't get to attend!
it was in 95....so you missed a good game

We may have played the Braves because Jane Fonda was at one of the games standing in line for the bathrooms.

I think she was married to Ted Turner?

Last edited:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The days I've gotten any of my animals.
The days my nieces were born.
The day I bought my house and then the subsequent and unexpected two months off work to really settle in because the pandemic hit a few days after I closed on my house.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Another one but this wasn't so positive. September 11th, 2001. I remember where I was, what I was doing, the TV I was watching (I was at work and it was all white, this little 90's plug in thing with a tiny little screen), who I was working with, how we just stood there and stared at that tiny screen, the phone calls that came in, and how we (family business, travel industry) sadly sent every employee home as the cancellations came pouring in. I also remember watching the news that night, and thinking it was the strangest news broadcast I had ever seen in my life. I'll never forget that one.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The day that Rick and I got married. The day our son was born.

But you know what? The best times were when our RugKittens were born and growing up. Whisper had come into the house and, because she loved lying on a certain rug, we called her a RugCat. She gave birth to five RugKittens: BooBoo, Spike, Ms. Pepe, Gorby, and Taffy. And there we were with Hydrox, Banshee, Whisper, and five babies. And oh, what fun they were! I was laid off at the time right after they were born, so I had some time to really enjoy them. The kittens slept in a clothes basket. Every morning, after Rick went to work, I'd bring the clothes basket out to the living room, spread a blanket out on the floor, and they'd explore. It didn't take long for them to grow and check the living room out, head out to the kitchen, go back to the bedrooms. They tumble and play with each other and carry on. Rick would come home and well, who needed TV? We had a ball, playing with them and just watching them carry on. At night, they'd head back into the clothes basket and we all went back to the bedroom. Whisper slept with us, but if there was any movement at all in the basket, she'd go check on them. It was almost magical, watching those kids grow up.

Rick has often said that I should write a book: Tales of the RugCats because oh, the stories I could tell!