Question of The Day. Saturday the 15th of August

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was hospitalized for a severe reaction to a medicine I began in 1995.  The reaction came over the course of several days and I could not eat, drink or urinate when they finally admitted me.  During those several days, I went to the ER four times and they sent me home suggesting it was psychiatric.  (The medicine was for a psychiatric disorder).  On my last trip to the ER, the doctors and nurses were so rude.  I mentioned my parents had to drive me in and then they spoke to them and asked what do you think her(my) problem is?  My mother, who is now passed, said, that she wasn't taking me home until they told her what was wrong.  Anyway, they did more blood panels and as soon as the results came back in the ER, I was whisked away to a bed, put on fluid restrictions, (and for weeks actually) and was in the hospital for seven days!  I had sever stomach pain.

Sorry for too much information but that reaction and trying to get help traumatized me! 

I am also allergic to iodine contrast media used for cat scans, mri.  

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latex, other than that just seasonal allergies for sure, which here in NC seems almost year round.
   I notice grass & trees like oak, & pecan seem to bother me the most.

For those of you who suffer from seasonal allergies too,  here's a good site I like, you can subscribe w/ your zip code, & they will send you alerts when it's usually in the mid range. It's based on a scale from 1-12. It's great, because then you see what bothers you most. It tells you it's at a 5.5, or whatever, & what it is. That's how I figured out what I react to the most. 

It's Pollen.com