Question of the Day - Saturday, October 22nd

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not the cat, but he will get a christmas themed collar. With jingle bells....

My dogs dress up and trick or treat with the kids, every year. Missy is a pretty princess, and this year, we got Angel a new bumble bee costume.

gareth

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry guys, I don't get it. These are animals, not toys.

With a bit of luck they will repay your kindness with their affection. But please don't anthropomorphise and think they like dressing up for Haloween or Christmas. They're bloody cats. They are domesticated killing machines, not children. You are pandering to your own needs, not the welfare of the animals.

Our job is to home and protect them, not remove their dignity. If you want to dress something up, buy a doll.

I'm aware that this is a personal opinion and genuinely don't intend to make anyone angry - so please forgive my strong opinions on this issue, but I have had to cut clothes off a dead cat to hand it back to a grieving owner in the past when it died fighting to get out of them and strangled. Everything in me wanted to scream at the owner "what did you think would happen" but I just bit my tongue. I've also treated a cat for burns when it ran through a fire in a panic and it's "clothes" burst into flame.

If you really, really feel the need to do it, then don't let the animal out of your sight for an instant.