Question of the Day, Saturday, October 21

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We have both, headboard and footboard. Our oldest wanted a canopy bed when she was young, she thought it was so cool, and our youngest wanted a bunk bed.

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I thought that all beds had a headboard (and a footboard). I mean, if you want to sit up and e.g. read, where do you lean your back? If on the wall, it will get marked with time.
A footboard may be less useful, but it adds some symmetry.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a wood headboard for mine when I got this bed ten years ago. My former bed was a full, I bought a queen so the old headboard didn’t fit and I wasn’t about to spend hundreds on a headboard. It was a fun project because I hadn’t made anything like it before. No footboard.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neither. I tried using a headboard, but it kept hitting the wall when I moved around in my bed and it was annoying me. I hope to make a headboard that I'll just attach to the wall and not the bed.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My new bed is grey metal bars. The head & foot are bars, head is raised higher than foot. The only thing I don't like is, it's hard to tuck in the sheet on the bottom because of the spacing of the bars

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No proper headboard or footboard for DH and I; just a metal frame to keep us off the floor and a piece of memory foam in a too large white cover with a couple of yard sticks wedged between the bed and wall. It was floppy without the yard sticks. It keeps sliding down but eh it mostly does the trick. Someday maybe we’ll get ourselves a proper bedroom set.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was at home my bed had gold metal bars for a head board and foot board. I'm in assisted living now and the bed has a head board but no foot board. I had to look to see what this bed has. I've been here 3 years and that's how observent I am.