Question of the Day, Saturday, October 14

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Weekend!

Evidently, I've been brushing my teeth wrong for well over 60 years. I just read an article (you know the type "You've been doing Fill-in-the-Blank all wrong!) about the right order to brush, floss, and hit the mouthwash. I've always brushed, flossed, then hit the mouthwash. Wrong. You're supposed to floss first, then brush, then wait a couple minutes to let the toothpaste doing its job, and then use mouthwash. Who knew? Even my dentist saves the flossing for last. I must admit that, on very lazy nights, when I'm simply too darn tired, I will brush only and skip the rest of the it.

In what order do you take care of your teeth? Brush, floss, mouthwash? Floss, brush, mouthwash? Brush only?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Brush first then floss - my dentist told me to use a different kind of floss than I was using. She recommended a brand called Coco floss. I have to admit it works so much better than my old brand, Oral B. 👍

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Floss, brush, mouthwash.

DH and I debate this often because he flosses second. According to our dentist; all that matters is you do it! FIL was in dental school when he decided he was better suited to be a Physicians Assistant; so he’s pretty knowledgeable and used that raising his kids.

Those articles have become pet peeves. According to the internet (and probably every other media outlet); you’re never doing anything right enough.:rolleyes3: It would be a lot less annoying if people around me didn’t fall for so much. (I don’t mean here; I mean family/friends/etc.)

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I floss then brush...no mouthwash. I have a waterpik that I still have to take out of the box and use...just haven't gotten around to it yet.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have a waterpik that I still have to take out of the box and use...just haven't gotten around to it yet.
I took mine out of the box and was anxious to try it but after two times I put it back in the box. It's just not my thing. :nono:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
When,if I go for my annual cleaning she always does floss,brush mouth wash. I have always done it old fashioned but maybe I should change it

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm....
So a cats teeth you should really fbm. Maybe vets at least floss during teeth cleaning? They do have molars

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love my waterpik. I really recommend learning to keep your mouth 100% closed while using it unless you want your mirror to get a shower!
Well that might clean up after DH and his toothpaste mess. Sometimes I’m tempted to ask if he keeps his eyes closed because hes messy. Good thing we have our own sinks right? :rolleyes2: (I do use his for hand washing. Its in the same room as the commode. Mine isn’t.)