Question of the Day, Saturday, May 6

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Weekend!

Rick and I were talking this morning. While we are huge classic rock fans and have been to our share of concerts throughout the years, there were a few bands/singers that we missed our chance to see. One of the singers I've always wanted to see was Gordon Lightfoot, not classic rock, but still an incredible story teller in song. I won't get that chance now and I'm sorry I didn't.

Are there any bands or singers that you've always wanted to see and never really got the chance to see in concert?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
N NY cat man Rick is a huge Carlos Santana fan. We finally got to see him at Montage a few years back. Rick was simply enthralled. He loves Santana. We saw the Moody Blues at State College. Great concert! He would have loved to have seen Jimi Hendrix and Joplin, too.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Probably any of the ones that came out of my grandparent’s generation. My stepdad took my mom to see Rosemary Clooney when she was in town and I was secretly SO jealous they didn’t get me a ticket too. (White Christmas is my favorite movie. I can quote it. So they knew I liked her music but I was young enough to not have the money for stuff like that unless they offered. And I wasn’t going to ask.)

My cousins took our grandma to see Tony Bennett about 10 years ago too. Id have been included if I was local. Gram had an amazing night and that’s what matters.

Otherwise I think of people like Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, etc.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like concerts, there's too many people and it's too loud for my senses. And I don't know what it is, but I can't listen to the same singer/band for too many songs in a row before it gets to me.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't like concerts, there's too many people and it's too loud for my senses. And I don't know what it is, but I can't listen to the same singer/band for too many songs in a row before it gets to me.
I am the same way. I went to a few concerts when I was stationed in Germany before I gave up on them. I also don't listen to music for hours on end. When I was still going into the office I would download audio books from the library and listen to those at work.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would love to go back and see Pink Floyd when Dark Side of the Moon came out. Unfortunately I was 3 when that happened.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a big concert person, so there isn't really anyone I wish I could have seen. Maybe Frank Sinatra if I had to say one.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Simon and Garfunkel; Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young; and the Eagles would be at the top of my list. I did see Don Henley as a solo act years after the Eagles split up, but I would have loved to have seen the group.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I wish I was old enough to go to Woodstock because I would have loved to see so many of the singers/musicians - CCR, Blood Sweat & Tears, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and Joan Baez to name just a few.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I wish I was old enough to go to Woodstock because I would have loved to see so many of the singers/musicians - CCR, Blood Sweat & Tears, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and Joan Baez to name just a few.
My husband went to Woodstock. I’ve always been jealous!