Question of the Day, Saturday, July 8

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Weekend!

How do you like your eggs? What's your favorite way to cook and eat eggs?

I love a good omelet. Failing that, I'll take a Windowpane, AKA Bird in a Nest, I think they're called. A thick slice of fried buttered bread with a hole in the middle for the egg. I'll take two, please.

What about you?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I eat them overhard now when we eat out. Many restaurants switched to those packaged scrambled eggs, even with omelets, so I want to make sure I get a real egg. I can taste a milk carton egg every time! At home, I make them over medium. Over easy for my husband. I used to eat them over easy but after getting runny whites several times I stopped......

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eggs are not something I really care for and rarely eat. I like an omelet as long as it is cooked completely, the French way is to not cook it completely through. I also like French toast.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eggs offer so many options it is difficult to choose just one "best" way of preparing them. Scrambled is nice, fancy it up for a special occasion by scrambling in a double boiler over simmering water. Frittata is always good. Over easy or eggs in a hole ( Winchester Winchester 's windowpane). Egg salad, hard boiled egg to embellish potato salad.

When I get duck eggs I tend to use them for baking but they are also good any way you'd prepare chicken eggs. And I'm so used to fresh eggs with their deep colored yolks and "stand up" whites that store eggs look anemic to me.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Soft-boiled in an egg cup that I can dipped buttered toast in. I also like them poached on a Benedict. I love runny yolks. One of the worst parts of being pregnant is giving up runny yolks for 9 months.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The chickens my Mom has lay eggs with a yolk so deeply rich in color they're almost dark orange. I like them anyway that the white is cooked but the yolk is runny. Soft boiled is delicious, but I hate peeling them so I've been steaming them in butter. They're done in no time and no annoying peeling!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Over medium. I use those silicone rings to make the egg round and easy to flip. Buttered toast to go with it. If I have breakfast out at a restaurant I usually don’t order eggs. McDonald’s it’s a bacon egg and cheese biscuit.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on how/when it's being eaten/served....
Over easy for a breakfast meal...I have to dip my toast in the yolk.
Over medium or hard for a fried egg sandwich
Poached in the microwave, then chopped up with a bit of butter, S&P, for a simple little snack...sometimes I just get a craving.
I love deviled eggs for a picnic or BBQ
Hard boiled if I'm going to make egg salad sandwiches.
I sometimes like a fluffy omelet...but only if there's a LOT of cheese.
Scrambled is probably my least favorite...they're just...meh.
I've rarely eaten soft/med or hard boiled eggs on their own.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scrambled usually. I only hard boil eggs for egg salad because I hate the yolks. I also like omelets and I will do an over medium and put them on avocado toast.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two large gall stones that absolutely HATE eggs. So if I eat them like I used to I wish I was dead.
The only way I can tolerate them now is in a cake or cookies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Very softly scrambled so they are still wet
Over easy
Soft boiled with butter, salt & pepper
Poached soft in a Benedict
Sunny side up

Winchester Winchester I love those. We always called them egg in a frame. YUM!

Lilith likes scrambled eggs too. She's even pickier about them than I am. If they get cold or are even slightly overcooked she will turn her nose up at them but I can't blame her. I do too. She's Mama's girl for sure. :lol: