Question Of The Day - Saturday, July 24th.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning Folks

I know this is a little early (at least for me it is. It's about 12:30 at night here) but I didn't think anyone would mind. Today's question is about the world's most famous, best selling and first of its kind role-playing game: Dungeons and Dragons. A couple days ago a few of my friends decided to get into it and they needed a 6th player so I reluctantly agreed. We all used to play it about 10 years ago or so, but none of us have played for so long we can barely remember how.

Anyways.

Have you ever played D&D? And if so, what did you think of it?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

I know this is a little early (at least for me it is. It's about 12:30 at night here) but I didn't think anyone would mind.
that´s OK my friend to put so early the question here, so this way the members of the other side of the world have more time to participate...
I mean at the aussie member, New Zealand members, etc...

I just played once D&D...
is a great game but unfortunately I have not a console of games...

Great question my friend!...

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I played it!! In fact one of my oldest and best friends is I swear the worlds best gamemaster!

After playing D & D for awhile we found a STAR WARS RPG like it that we switched too since we are also huge star wars fans.

We stopping playing D&D when we got into RISK and have been playing that for years. In fact that was ourfriday nights during high school and college.

Oh the stories!!!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

No, and I don't even know what it really is, off to google.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, I've never played Dungeons & Dragons or anyother role playing games either.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Good Morning Folks

I know this is a little early (at least for me it is. It's about 12:30 at night here) but I didn't think anyone would mind. Today's question is about the world's most famous, best selling and first of its kind role-playing game: Dungeons and Dragons. A couple days ago a few of my friends decided to get into it and they needed a 6th player so I reluctantly agreed. We all used to play it about 10 years ago or so, but none of us have played for so long we can barely remember how.

Anyways.

It is possible you do not remember that D&D was a big game before computers came along. My mom told me it was of the devil. Like most things, I did not listen to mom and played the old pre-computer game.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I played once in college (pre-computer version where you used your imagination and dice) but I played with my then BF and his friends who played together for years and knew each other's characters inside and out. Here I was jumping into this campaign with a level nothing character and clueless about what I was doing. It was fun watching them (after I was killed) and it amazed me how intricate it was and how much imagination it took. After that, I just let him have his D&D nights and rented a girly movie instead.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

It is possible you do not remember that D&D was a big game before computers came along. My mom told me it was of the devil. Like most things, I did not listen to mom and played the old pre-computer game.
That's the one we're starting. The computer game remakes can't hold a candle to the original.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never played it before or had an interest.

I do however enjoy playing my nephew's Grand Theft Auto games a little too much!!
I've become quite efficient at car-jacking and crime

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never played it, a friend of mine used to be really into it though.

There's a guy at work who has a bumper sticker in his car window that says "I played Dungeons & Dragons before it was cool".