Question of the Day, Saturday, December 2

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Weekend!

Are you finished decorating for Christmas? Are you baking anything special. Finished with your shopping?

As far as we're concerned, we are done. The tree is done. I will be baking a few cookies, but nothing like I normally do. And our shopping is done.

What about you?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No - haven't even started although my decorating is fairly straightforward (wreath on the door, no tree, and the placing of some darling knickknacks handmade by my mom along with a few other charming Christmas related things), and I'm not sure if we're doing any outside lights this year,

Yes, Ina Garten's shortbread cookies without the chocolate dip (I have a purist in the house lol) and those little wedding/tea cake cookies, and

Almost :)

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am done decorating and shopping, but will have to mail a package to Canada as I found that some companies that say that they ship there do not pay the entire tariff and my friend was stuck with the remainder upon delivery.

I also have my jar of mincemeat and my frozen pie crust, so am all set to bake!:p

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just got our tree today, so no.

Started shopping, but haven't finished.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I always procrastinate. Decorations - No,, Shopping - No, Baking - Yes because we're going to our Annual White Elephant Party tomorrow.

Last edited:

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Decorating is done. I thought I was done shopping, but apparently have to buy a couple of gifts for gift exchanges and I need to put a present together for my friend.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't decorate at all.I made a couple of fruitcakes...different recipe than is traditional for me...and they're soaking away in their rum soaked cheesecloth.We're the only ones who love fruitcake so 2 is plenty.Shopping is done...I have an anniversary gift card and card to get for the kids,a birthday card for my daughter in law and that's it.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't decorate or bake. Shopping will just be for DD and DSIL. I got presents for the girls already. A new cat tree and a scratching post.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'm done decorating. My second job is at a museum store's Christmas market and the staff discount day is Thursday, so I may or may not be buying more decorations. I probably won't be doing any baking though. I don't really have the time.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
The ceiling sprung a leak in the dining room, where I had the tree. The cats mauled the tree, then I had to move it, so it was a mess. I tidied it tonight, and that's all I'm doing with it. I dislike decorating and un-decorating trees a LOT. I have a few fake boxwood garlands and flameless candles. I'm not one for Christmas spirit anyway, and this year will be worse--we're not celebrating it. The family can't get together (long story) as we always do (and I love that!), so it's just DH and I. I find Christmas sad to begin with, and this isn't helping.

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Tree is up, but I haven't lit the lights yet. I'm not trying to cut back on energy but save some atmosphere for nearer Christmas, otherwise it will be all routine by then.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am SO behind!!!!!!
The house is almost decorated...although not as much will be done as other years. I'm hoping to finish that today.
I haven't even started my baking yet...and I usually start in October! I've been so focused on buying groceries when they go on sale to freeze them that my freezer is now to full to freeze my cookies, so I can't bake early. We've been eating out of the freezer to make some room, and I now have a little, so I hope to make a few of my more tedious recipes over the next couple weeks to freeze and then my days off before Christmas, I'll basically have a baking marathon with the easier ones and keep them in the cold storage.
Shopping is almost done...I just placed my big order online yesterday, so now just have to wait for everything to arrive but I still have to get all the stocking stuffers, and then of course, wrap everything when it all comes in.
I'm having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year...usually I have lots of excitement and giddy up to get my baking and decorating done. December really snuck up on me this year...September to November is basically a blur.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty much done with my shopping, just waiting for a replacement for a gift that Amazon lost. I need to buy a few gift cards and recheck what I have received to make sure I have everything.

Decorating is about 70% done, although I must admit I don’t do nearly as much as I used to. Cookie baking was done last weekend .

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am 99% done with decorating! The last 1% is for my 61 year old Nativity Set ! I have it somewhere, in the deep dark regions of my closet. I could not find it when I was taking out my decorations.. In fact, I could not even find some of my decorations! Weird, but in all honestly, I was sick last year, when I put them away. So, anything could have happened to them.

I would love to have a small tree but, Geoffrey would devour it. The decorations are mostly Angles which light up, Snowmen, Reindeer, a tiny flat, pearlized evergreen tree, a couple of flameless pillar candles and poinsettia table runner and placemats.
Oh, and some little plaques on the walls.
The apartment is small. I cannot have much in here; also, there is absolutely no storage space.

As far as gifts... just a few more.. not many. A few more gift cards, and a couple bottles of wine.. That is about it.

Cards will be cut down.. not that many. Postage is too expensive-- I do not get all that many in return, so I am cutting back. Have to send out the long distance ones this week.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. We never celebrated since I was five, because of my mother's religion. So my dad and I don't out of habit. I don't like clutter or dusting, so decorating doesn't really appeal to me anyway. I'm not much of a gift giver either. Too cheap or frugal. Ha! Might cook something, I don't know. I don't like dessert.

Jahpan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don’t really decorate for Christmas sometimes I wished I did and we dont do lights because we never have money to get them by the time its the season lol I am almost done shopping wanted to get a few more things for my husband and also my parents as they are the hardest to shop for they always want the same thing every year! Usually wine or giftcards to restaurants or nail places.

Jahpan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I forgot to mention that we usually get the tree up last min or never because we dont have a place to put it 🤷🏼‍♀️ I like putting it in front of a window but our couch is currently in front of it
And we cant move it. :/