Question of the day: Saturday August 17

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I know we talk a lot about TV shows, movies etc in the Lounge, but I've just watched a movie that I found so incredibly touching; to me it was something special.  It's called The Weeping Camel and it was a subtitled documentary set in Mongolia.

And so it made me wonder:

Is there a movie, doco or other show that has made a deep impacton you, rather than just entertained?

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blood Diamonds movie with Leonardo DiCaprio. I don't admire diamonds (or other expensive jewelry) like I used to.

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I highly recommend "Fireproof" starring Kirk Cameron. Really sheds the light on how much work goes into a good marriage... or repairing a bad one! :)

Last edited:

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is going to sound stupid, but it is "How the Universe Works", a documentary on how planets and stars and the universal in general were created.

The reason it has impacted me is that when I was in high school I just couldn't wrap my head around physics or astronomy; not only were the numbers too large for me to comprehend, but I'm a tactile learner and if I can't touch, see, smell or taste something, I have a hard time "getting it".

For some reason these programs "dumb it down" enough for me to actually get it; even the big numbers because they equate it to real life things. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
This is going to sound stupid, but it is "How the Universe Works", a documentary on how planets and stars and the universal in general were created.
It doesn't sound at all stupid! 

It's what I find so interesting... how things speak to us in different ways. 

And you can't get much more inspiring than the universe....

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It doesn't sound at all stupid! 
It's what I find so interesting... how things speak to us in different ways. 
And you can't get much more inspiring than the universe....:)
Yea, our God is an awesome God!

Last edited: