Question of the Day, Saturday, April 29

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I'm particularly finicky...not a fan of raw fish,I cook with eggs but will not eat them,have tried snails and the texture is not for me,I actually like liver but it's just soooo not good for a person trying to keep their cholesterol under control,which is so sad because I adore liverwurst!I have tried tongue but cannot get past it.My Dad used to eat head cheese when I was a kid...nope,and no chitlins either...organ meats and offal...no.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I cook / prepare all my meals here at home — so for me it's not an issue.
If I invite someone over and serve food I make certain that I know what diet they prefer and any food allergies. 🧀 😇 🍲🥗

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything hot, as in spicy. It’s not only that I have gastric reflux and need to avoid it, but it’s not the sort of food I grew up with and I loathe food that burns my mouth. That isn’t flavour imo, it’s just painful. A Californian acquaintance once mocked me for having a “timid palate” because I wouldn’t eat the sort of food she liked. I don’t eat curries or peppers or anything like that and I hate it when restaurants ruin things by smothering them in pepper.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I cook / prepare all my meals here at home — so for me it's not an issue.
If I invite someone over and serve food I make certain that I know what diet they prefer and any food allergies. 🧀😇 🍲🥗
You are a good host. If somone invites others for a meal and does not find out what kind of diets his guest are on are just rude and insulting. Nobody should have to eat before they come or bring their
own food when they are invited to someones house for a meal.

I'm vegetarian so I don't eat meat, fish, or poultry. I also won't eat eggs, cilantro, arugula, mustard
honey, ginger, sweet potato, pumpkins, rice or tapioca pudding or anything spicy. I can't enjoy eating anything that burns my mouth

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Picky. Some vegetables like sweet potatoes or brussel sprouts I won’t touch but I also have an issue with spices. There are only certain spices I like and if there is something else on whatever, I just can’t eat it.
I have the same issue with spices and seasonings. In addition to not liking some, others give me stomach issues.

As for being picky, I have ARFID (avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder). Basically have a few "safe" foods I can eat. It's not fun to be this way, nobody chooses it. So anyone who mocks picky people or tries to "change" them, read up on it. I despise being this way.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I think I'm not picky that is until someone suggests a restaurant to go to and I don't like the food options when I check the menu. The one absolute no-no for me is cilantro, even the slightest amount makes me gag. :barfgreen:
I can't stand the smell or taste of it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Nobody should have to eat before they come or bring their own food when they are invited to someones house for a meal.
I agree but not everyone is as thoughtful a host as JamesCalifornia JamesCalifornia

We were invited to a bbq and the host asked what I could eat. I tried to make it as easy as possible and said they could grill a portobello mushroom which I'd have on a sandwich. Long story short, it never happened. Maybe I should have brought it myself. :dunno:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't eat meat or dessert. I mostly only drink hot drinks like cappuccino these days, I don't really like cold drinks besides water. Other than that, I'm not really picky.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As for being picky, I have ARFID (avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder). Basically have a few "safe" foods I can eat. It's not fun to be this way
Yeah my dad has ARFID. Not diagnosed---he'll never go to the doctor---but he definitely does. He experienced abuse related to that (and other ASD behaviors) as a child so that didn't help. Unfortunately his safe food list narrows constantly so there are only about 5 things he'll eat now. If his brain ever decides rice isn't safe it's going to be a bad situation.

I'm not picky, perhaps it would be better if I were, lol. I won't eat "weird" meat parts though.