Question of the Day, Saturday, April 29

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Weekend!

Do you consider yourself to be a picky eater?

I don't think I am, but there are a few things I just won't eat. No, nope, nada. Eggplant, cream cheese, sour cream, snails. There are probably a few more there as well. Rick has a thing about coconut, liver.

What about you? Are you picky about what you eat?

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty much omnivorous, but there are some foods that you couldn't get me to eat for all the tea in China. Calamari, clams, zucchini, liver, snails, and broccoli, to name just a few.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I think I'm not picky that is until someone suggests a restaurant to go to and I don't like the food options when I check the menu. The one absolute no-no for me is cilantro, even the slightest amount makes me gag. :barfgreen:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Picky. Some vegetables like sweet potatoes or brussel sprouts I won’t touch but I also have an issue with spices. There are only certain spices I like and if there is something else on whatever, I just can’t eat it.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not real picky but I am not an adventurous eater, I stay pretty mainstream. My ex was very picky. There were a lot of restaurants that we didn't go to because there was nothing on the menu that he liked. I have yet to see a menu that I couldn't find some things on to order. They might not have been personal favorites but there were things that I could eat.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to think that had I been a member of the Donner party, I would have eaten whatever was on the survival menu! :rolleyes: That said, am a vegetarian, so when a host proudly served me tongue I hid it in my napkin.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
That said, am a vegetarian, so when a guest proudly served me tongue I hid it in my napkin.
Yay, another vegetarian! :thumbsup: One of my daughters told me if I go to someone's house and I know there won't be anything vegetarian I can eat I should eat at home beforehand. It's worked out for me so far.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, not really. Are there things I definitely do not like? Absolutely, but, for example, I hate mustard but if a recipe calls for it, I will use it because it does end up complementing the dish. I'm definitely willing to try new foods as well.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to think I wasn't picky until I had to make a list of food I don't like. I guess I am. 😂

Hard boiled eggs or anything containing them
Bell peppers
Bananas
Chunk light tuna
Organ meats
Cilantro
Fresh basil
Brussel sprouts
Anchovies
Velveeta
Miracle Whip

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's hard to say. I'll eat almost anything...there are a few things I don't like, like mushrooms and sweet potatoes. And I'm not a fan of lamb or game meats. I also don't like spicy (hot) or anything curry...curry actually makes me sick...IDK if I'm allergic to cumin, turmeric or any of the other spices...but they do not agree with me. My main issues are how things are prepared...For example, I don't like to mix sweet with savory. Keep your stupid fruit off my meat and out of my salads!!! :lol:
I could list quite a few things I'm not a fan of, but I've never not been able to find something to eat or have had to refuse anything served at a gathering...many of things I don't like are relatively easy to avoid and are not a staple "go to". Well...hot spicy food is pretty popular, but there are usually mild options so...who cares.

Soooo.....I guess I'm a little picky...but it's hardly ever caused any problems, and even if it does, I'm way to polite to complain.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not picky at all, pretty adventurous. Very few things I can think of that I wouldn't at least try. It would have to be pretty gross for me to turn a nose up at it. There certainly are foods I prefer over others but for the most part if something is cooked properly, I can find a way to eat it.